CM:SF for Mac OS Lives !!!

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

MacOS support is most likely going to happen before WW2 is released. Charles has taken a quick look at the code already and feels it won't be terribly hard to port it over. The plan is to start as soon as the Normandy Module has been released </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I meant we'll start as soon as the Marines Module has been released.

Charles can't wait to get back to the Mac as his primary development platform :D

Having said that, the devil is always in the details. It is possible that a major problem will rear its ugly head and push porting to the Mac off until after WW2's initial release. Not desirable, that's for sure, so we hope this won't happen. No reason to think it will either, just making sure you all understand that until we get into things we won't know everything we need to know.

Another aspect of this is if we can support PPC chips. We think G4 and earlier are simply too old to bother supporting. G5 would be good to support, however there's a fairly small number out there and the time to support them may not be worth it. Therefore, it is quite possible that only Intel based Macs will be supported. Again, we won't know until we get into it.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jeffsmith:

Had to beat the other MacHeads to this :D

So a good thing that I asked him to say something (as the NDA prevented me)? </font>

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Cool! BTW, I have a high-end G5 that I'm not planning on replacing anytime soon. Don't make me play CM on my wifes MacBook!

You might find the MacBook's low Video RAM might not support it. </font>