CMSF Release date announced!

Here is a copy of a press release that is going to go out today. You guys deserve to see it first.

<H1>Packshots & release date for

Combat Mission: Shock Force</H1>

Combat Mission: Shock Force is now officially annonced for release on July 27th, 2007. The game will be available directly from www.battlefront.com as well as in retail stores worldwide.</P>

CMSF_packshot_low.jpg</P>

The packshot for the Battlefront.com release version is now available as well. </P>

About the game</P>

Combat Mission: Shock Force is a modern land warfare simulation, simulating a hypothetical conventional war in the Middle East, and taking the player on a highly story-driven campaign in the footsteps of one of the leading Stryker Brigade Combat Teams.</P>

Official game webpage: http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmsf/</P><P align=left><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></P><FONT face=Arial size=2>

<DIV align=left>

<HR id=null>

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a press release on Bluesnews:

New York, USA (May 18, 2007) – Paradox Interactive announced today that the worldwide release of Combat Mission: Shock Force has been postponed until July 27, 2007.
That's an "interesting" use of the work postponed there smile.gif

The team wanted to implement a few additional features to the game to create an even greater experience for the player and we are very excited about the direction the product is taking".
Subtext: "Oops next time we'll actually check with the developers before announcing a release date." smile.gif

I think this bit might be news though:

The main addition is a brand new second tutorial campaign, which will take the player through some base camp training for his Stryker Brigade Combat Team. Accurate details and maps from the Yakima Training Center at Fort Lewis in central Washington have been used for its creation.

Yeh, I haven't heard a peep about a dedicated mac version for awhile. I wonder what the timeline might be. Perhaps:

Release > Patch (one assumes) > Mac build > Upgrade (one assumes) > Module

Or perhaps:

Release > Patch (one assumes) > Upgrade (one assumes) > Mac build > Module

It would really suck for some people if it turned out:

Release > Patch (one assumes) > Upgrade (one assumes) > Module> Mac build

But that's why I boot Camp Partitoned my new mac to run Windows! smile.gif

Originally posted by konstantine:

Great news on a Friday morning. :D

I thought I'd been following this one closely, but what's this about retail release? Does this include North America (eg. Canada)?

Electronic Boutique says they won't sell it in Canada because "Shock Force" doesn't translate into French. It will be made available at Gringo Games in Mexico in due course, however.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by konstantine:

Great news on a Friday morning. :D

I thought I'd been following this one closely, but what's this about retail release? Does this include North America (eg. Canada)?

Electronic Boutique says they won't sell it in Canada because "Shock Force" doesn't translate into French. It will be made available at Gringo Games in Mexico in due course, however. </font>