Valve "version" of Iron Warriors

There's been a thread recently about missing or inactive configuration and mission edit files in Iron Warriors purchased through Valve's Steam. In my own posts there, I outlined my efforts to get a response from Battlefront, Strategy first, Valve,etc.

Finally, Strategy First responded by saying it was an issue with Valve/Steam downloads.

Okay...! So I contacted Valve's support. They responded today with the admission that the "version" of Iron Warriors they offer for D/L does not have access to those files!

In other words...its different!

So,I contacted Strategy First to find out about this different "version", why weren't we informed, etc,etc. He,(Mike), huffed a bit and replied that it was the first time he had heard about this problem, that I was the only one, my PC might be at fault, yadda...yadda!

I replied by asking him simply: are there two versions of this sim; the full featured boxed retail one, and a crippled one for Steam D/L?

Stay tuned,

Ceedub

Hi again,

Just for clarification, this is the response I received from Valve:

Hello Craig,

Unfortunately, the manual included with Iron Warriors is a scanned version of the retail manual which has some information that does not pertain to the Steam version of the game. This is the reason why some of the config files you mentioned cannot be accessed through Steam.

Please contact Strategy First for information on how you can enable these features: http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/support/

Steam Support cannot provide technical support for third-party titles such as Iron Warriors.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

And here's Strategy First's response:

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you never give up on these things, that's good. You can

now calm down because no one has been a victim of fraud or misguided in any

way. As a matter of fact your issue is the first and only one I've seen

like this, which is probably why you are yet to find a solution to this

problem. Perhaps it has something to do with your PC:

Send me your dxdiag export with your next email:

- Go to Start - Run and type in the following: dxdiag. Hit Enter.

- Run all the tests in the sound, display and music tabs.

- Click on 'Save All Information', and save the file to your desktop.

- Attach the file created to your next email.

Anybody else getting anywhere with this issue?

Ceedub

Hi All,

This is like having a conversation with myself... doesn't anyone play this game anymore?

Anyway. I just got a reply from Strategy First support:

the problem seems to be that when the

game was ported over to Steam for download, the cfg.bat file was corrupted.

He goes on to say that they're working with Valve to see how it happened and how to fix it.

So there you go.

Cheers

Ceedub

I'm glad to hear you never give up on these things, that's good. You can

now calm down because no one has been a victim of fraud or misguided in any

way.

Damn dude what do you say in your e-mails to battlefront? Maybe you would have gotten a better answer if you didnt come off as the sterotypical gamer that is angry all the time because he is fat, and anti-social and has to use video games as a way to escape from his problems!

• 3 weeks later...