Fan Fiction

tb87670

This si a place for brainstorming and posting links to some fanfiction for Drop Team, or possibly just any stories that you wrote. most of the stuff I wrote was with pen and paper, so I'll get to typing it up sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let's start by using this topic as a place to brainstorm a plot for a DropTeam machinima/fanfic. Sorry I took so long, I was waiting for everyone else. Here's my idea:

Iridium Tide:

Chapter 1: Arktos

The year is sometime at the close of the 2nd millenia. Place: Arcanum. A raid is being conducted on (Razorback Island/a base in the arctic zone) by a clan looking for information. What information they seek, and what information they find, will be 2 different things. And what they find will send them on a dark and fiery journey to save the Rim.

So here's what I think. If we get a real, interesting fan fiction story going, wouldn't it be possible for some of us who've modded a while to get it turned into a DT campaign? I for one think that would be a cool thing to attempt- an entire user-made campaign. And if it has a good story, etc. maybe we could get a campaign that newcomers could enjoy playing more (no offense to the current campaign.)

That sounds great, Phonan. :cool: But my worry is that any new idiot who has modding skills will get to work turning out trash. :mad: And just as good-why don't we explain to them that they don't have to play the campaign. Maybe start a new topic about it and have Clay feature it. I for one have never played the campaign. I always liked being able to select the scenarios I wanted to sharpen my skills with. Treachery taught me the full value of infantry, Forsaken gave me a primer on extreme range gunnery, etc.

Back to fan fiction-I've emailed tb87670 with the full plot of a fan fiction (one that could be turned into a machinima if so desired), and I'm waiting for his reply.