Who's Playing?

Phonan

I have to admit it- DT has a pretty small fanbase. But I was wondering, though I've seen Jung and 152 often, and jby occasionally, who's still playing DropTeam. If you are, just post here please. I think it would be nice to see who all is still playing. I'll try to keep the list updated up here.

---

Still Playing DT:

---

Phonan- (I'm pretty sure on that one)

jby

152mmDumbRocket

Stonewall

Junglist

[ April 12, 2008, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Phonan ]

I'm still trucking, last time I checked. :D I saw Ruaanith and Ithai last month too. Kim2 hasn't checked in since the Sunday when he or she joined in at my invitation. And I haven't seen RAT@$$ since the 10th of February. Clay will have to update the replay server so I can see. In fact, we all could stand the replay server being updated so we can see things like who's been on recently (specifically, Nexus6), and the stunt I did in my ATGM Paladin on Wednesday ( I still can't believe I ran out of control down a hill, hit a rock, did a weird half roll, half flip, and landed upright!).

Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I did see a new server called "starfox" yesterday night (got DT to START at least on Ubuntu now!) It was running 0.9.9.8 or some such but at least it might mean we have another player online!

Strangely enough, I’m still out here though I don’t get to play as often as I’d like. I’d love to have Clay and the gang on my Sunday night talk-show (Operation BSU), but his location on the planet might be a difficulty for scheduling. I did have the guys that did Sins of a Solar Empire on, which at least gives me some street cred with interviewing game designers. smile.gif </p>

Awesome to see you're still here! And it's really amazing you got the devs of Sins on your show. I recently got that game and I'm finding it really good! Once again, it's great that you're still playing, and I hope you can get on sometime!

By the way, these days we're playing Sundays at 3:00 EST and Wednesdays at around 7:30-8:00 EST. Hope you can make a few games.

It's great to meet you, SquidLord! If you show up one Sunday or Wednesday (Sunday still has more players), try to get some video capture of the games so you can have a vodcast about us. ;) Maybe even make it a weekly feature, so everyone can see the battles of Jung, jby, Phonan, myself, and others. ;)

Originally posted by Phonan

but I did see a new server called "starfox" yesterday night (got DT to START at least on Ubuntu now!) It was running 0.9.9.8 or some such but at least it might mean we have another player online!

Another ver 0.9.98 server turned up today. Its name was 'my mods come and join", but with a ping at 171, I knew better. Looked like another n00b player fresh from Halo 3/CoD4/RS:V2 has made its way to us. Let's hope it doesn't become a pattern (Could we call the new phenomenon" fresh from 1337 servers"?). And Jung, nice job on Ice Field today. I thought I had you locked out, but I was wrong.

P.S. Phonan, you'd better put Ruaanith on your list.

[ April 23, 2008, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: 152mmDumbRocket ]

<blockquote>

Awesome to see you’re still here! And it’s really amazing you got the devs of Sins on your show. I recently got that game and I’m finding it really good! Once again, it’s great that you’re still playing, and I hope you can get on sometime!</p>

By the way, these days we’re playing Sundays at 3:00 EST and Wednesdays at around 7:30-8:00 EST. Hope you can make a few games.</p> </blockquote>

The Sins guys are nice, cunning, and feeling hugely swamped by the response to the first commercial wave. Not unlike Clay not so very long ago, I’ll wager, and for similar reasons. Given the over-all “mod-ability” of Sins, I’d love to see some folks do a DropTeam mod to cover the space-based operations of the environment, but we’d need a lot more info about the setting than we have at present.</p>

I might can actually catch the odd Wednesday night runs. Sundays are pretty much the mad scramble to get the show finalized before my reporters swarm on me, demanding assignments and such. It gets crazy there.</p> <blockquote>

It’s great to meet you, SquidLord! If you show up one Sunday or Wednesday (Sunday still has more players), try to get some video capture of the games so you can have a vodcast about us. [Wink] Maybe even make it a weekly feature, so everyone can see the battles of Jung, jby, Phonan, myself, and others. [Wink]</p> </blockquote>

The last thing anyone wants is for me to do any kind of vidcast, since I might have the horrible temptation to actually appear in front of a camera. Imagine the worst excesses of a Guild Navigator from Dune, and that’s what I look like. Nope, nope, too horrible for words. I’ll stick to the audio, danke. [wink]</p>

That said, it might be fun to do some voiced-over video capture of some major battles with analysis from the best players at some point. Sort of like Monday Night Football with more anti-matter and less pigskin.</p>

Originally posted by SquidLord

That said, it might be fun to do some voiced-over video capture of some major battles with analysis from the best players at some point. Sort of like Monday Night Football with more anti-matter and less pigskin.

That sounds great, and is just what I had had in mind. smile.gif It also might bring more attention to the game, and thus bring more players. Go for it!

In the event you do do voiced-over video capture, you could try S-Video outing the raw footage to a DVR, or the performance (and quality) challenged Fraps. But in either case, you must either set resolution to 800x600 before recording, or it will be recorded that way. Must haves for best players commentary:

Jung

jby

Phonan

Myself :D

Stonewall (Requested by Jung)

Imperial Grunt (Almost forgot) redface.gif

Also, with Clay's cooperation, we could play some uncommonly played maps, such as Clavain's Watch, for a challenge. And you could cover that as well.

[ April 26, 2008, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: 152mmDumbRocket ]