small team tournament

__Yossarian0815[jby]

Geez Stonewall! Here we are, apparently at the end of time for Dropteam, and you finally get around to posting on the forum!

Oh well, if this is really the end of Dropteam I want to take a second to thank all of you dedicated players out there who have made this game such a fun experience. I gotta admit I'm a little sad to see it end, as we had some truly awesome battles.

Clay, thanks for the unique game. Dropteam was the first online game I played which really was a team game. Sorry it didn't work out better for you guys.

I agree with Jung - I will always look at Drop Team as my first online game play. I had a great time and enjoyed playing with and against you all. I feel like I know you guys, as crazy as that may seem, we've had some great battles. I've enjoyed this game very much.

Perhaps Clay went on vacation and tripped over the cable going to the server as he went out the door.

It's been too long now, gentlemen. The end has come.

I wish we hadn't waited so long to start a team tournament. We pick a date for the first one and the plug gets pulled.... Is this fair? :(

Jung,

If it is the end of Dropteam, there are many other war games that are just as much fun. Have you ever played on Game Ranger? Perhaps the group of players we have now could find a new game to play and join forces or team up to host our own game. Set a time and date for each event so you would have the maximum number of players. Enjoyed playing with you all when I was able. If you have any other Ideas or thoughts e-mail me at d.knottnerus@comcast.net. "Old wargamers are hard to come by."

Actually Stonewall, Game Ranger is new to me. I was just checking it out for a sec and it looks quite interesting. Since we both play around the same times during the week and are both restricted to games by our chosen platform (Mac), I think staying in touch on the subject makes good sense. I'll e-mail you soon.

Nothing new in the west it seems :(

Perhaps Clay went on vacation and tripped over the cable going to the server as he went out the door.

I´m still secretly hoping that this is true.

What is ominous though is that nobody seems to be noticing DTs demise so the wii ed. doesn´t seem to be being worked on either...

As for other games, I just bought CivIV Beyond the sword and I havent tried CMSF online yet.

so if anybody wants to play either mail me:

jby -at- inode -dot- at