I'm back

Junglist

Been on vacation for awhile and I'm glad to see you guys are still at it! I haven't had a chance to read any of the threads yet (except a quick peak at the tourney - which I gotta say is a great idea) but I look forward mixing it up again soon. See you on the battlefield.

Originally posted by Junglist:

Been on vacation for awhile and I'm glad to see you guys are still at it! I haven't had a chance to read any of the threads yet (except a quick peak at the tourney - which I gotta say is a great idea) but I look forward mixing it up again soon. See you on the battlefield.

That area denial, turret stream-drop beginning of that last game was awesome....if you had told me in the first few minutes that Phantom and I would make a game of it I wouldn't have believed you. Great game seesawing game....

That was a nice game tonight - I was a little surprised it was close in the end too; you guys were pretty cagey though. Seems I forgot what the drop once command is for and used up all of our dropships. I was really enjoying the beginning of the battle, hehe, too much typing and the curse of the smack-talk almost burned me, and honestly, if Rua'anith hadn't been there defending with me it would have ended badly.

Oh yeah, Phantom - to your question about shockforce, I currently can't run the demo with the computer i have. It will probably be a few months before I do, just a matter of time before i buy the game....though not my preferred setting for a war game.

Originally posted by rua'anith:

One part of that game that wasn't enjoyalbe was the digging you out of the air defence turret! :D

Then we turned around and dug in when we ran out of dropships! smile.gif

You like that move, eh? I should have stuck it out longer but I got bored and went for a straight out kill. The smack talk was good too....."Burrrrrrn" is going to be my go to line from now on....

I didn't think they had much of a chance either, Bboyle. They made a serious game of it. Somehow they won at the end. I just couldn't get the bots in a defensive position when I had cleared the base (three times!!!). They seemed to be spread out all over and to far away from the objective. I just can't control them that well when I go on the assault mode. My eyes are straining looking down my scope.

I do have some plans on that scenario that are effective. I just wonder what Nexus is planning during the tournament. We must all play the tournament. I think that's the future for Drop Team.

Originally posted by Phonan:

Weekly tournaments? A "Ladder?" Most Dangerous Player? Snakiest Viper? I think a lot of players would like that type of thing.

How about a reward for best Smack-Talk of the week.....or to even the playing field a bit, since some of us like a drink or two, how about the Drunken Master showdown! Where the players must agree to get inebriated before and during the match (careful where you spill that drink!). Obviously it would be very dishonorable to lie and play sober, and certainly less entertaining.

To those of you out there who prefer the sober approach to gaming I apologize if this post was in anyway offensive to you. However, you can never vie for title of the Drunken-Master!

And besides, we are space-vikings, aren't we?

Originally posted by Junglist:

And besides, we are space-vikings, aren't we?

Just remember your Viking mythology on alcohol... Every drop you spill goes into a barrel. Before you are allowed entry into Valhalla, you are up-ended into your barrel of spilt drinks and forced to drink it all.

So don't spill Baileys and Bitter Lemon - that's all I'm saying. Stick to beer :)