Imperial Grunt

Hey Grunt, I just played with RedCon and Ladybug. I noticed the 20mm rounds were much more effective (Watch out for Jung now!!!).I might be wrong but I used the Cutter a few times and had a number of solid kills. I enjoyed using that "lump of ---- vehicle" for the first time. Redcon hit my Thors flank with a squad of infantry and knocked me out quick.

I think that the hovercraft bug has been fixed. They don't get stuck anymore.

I also think that there have been some performance improvements. Normally my mini isn't fast enough to do more than looking at models but now I could move and (gasp!) shoot with a hurricane.

Just an impression.

I will have to do some testing and probably make a new version of CZ for tomorrow. So if you have some proposals - now would be a good time. smile.gif

The bot's spotting of infantry still has not been fixed, with the exception of whether or not the jets are used. If you touch the jets, and when you drop, the squad is still spotted at any range. But if you just walk, then it seems there is a chance you will not be spotted. But walking is very very slow....

Maybe this will finally be fixed in the next release.

When you use the jets to about 1/2 capacity, you become detectable like any other vehicle. That means you now have the red triangle above you on enemy HUD's, you show up on the minimap, and you're visible on the tac display, to anyone who has LOS to you. As soon as that happens, the bots are almost sure to notice you just as a player would. Even if he has his head down is in his gunsights and isn't paying attention, he still sees the red dot appear on his minimap and knows that you're out there.

However, if you keep those jets off, then you're invisible unless someone looks directly at you and makes a visual ID on you.

So that behavior of the bots "noticing" you when you use the jets is deliberate. Do you think the bots still spot you more frequently in this case than players do? Maybe even in that case they need to be toned down some?

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Do you think the bots still spot you more frequently in this case than players do? Maybe even in that case they need to be toned down some?

Yes and Yes.

While I initally thought there was some adjustment of the bot's spotting of infantry in 1.2.9, it seems that was just a lucky game. In subsequent ones, the bots are still spotting infantry at long range. I try to use the jets very carefully, but I thought it was just over 1/2 that caused the signature and not almost 1/2 of their power, so that might be it too. Maybe that needs to be adjusted just a little. Almost 1/2 of the jet power just gets you going usually. Some kind of indicator on the jet power bar that illuminates when your "hot" and emitting an anti-matter signature, would be a great addition.

The next time I get a chance to play, I will try to make a movie demonstrating the bot spotting.

In my opinion, enemy Hermes and Bacchus seem to have even more super spotting capabilities against infantry.

And hey, good to hear from you Clay! Don't be a stranger. Please keep up the updates, they are fantastic, still enjoying this game alot.

I think the shooting started as soon as one of your teammates vastly overtook you on jets. He's on the left side flying over that hill.

Probably HIS jets got too hot and so the turrets spotted you.

Some proposalsfor enhancement:

- don't allow teammates to let their jets get hot (unless you do)

- switch the color of the jet bar when it gets hot so one can get a feel for it

- be more lenient with team position

- (while I'm at it) attack what I attack with the same weapon. If possible (not held in position) move into LOS.

I have bombarded Clay with a list of infantry suggestions, the "hot" jets indicator and infantry only jumping in formation being another.

I think Poesel is right, that one bot marine that is seen flying long is the one responsible for giving away the squad's position. That needs to be fixed.

The music came from a website called Edgen. I made myself a Drop Team song list and I usually have it playing while playing, since the game has no music. He makes game and movie music and I think it is really great.

Edgen

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

I have bombarded Clay with a list of infantry suggestions, including the "hot" jets indicator, volley fire (every marine in the squad targets what the squad leader is engaging), and infantry jumping and landing roughly in the same formation, among other things. Hopefully some will come to fruition.

I think Poesel is right, that one bot marine that is seen flying long at the beginning of the attack is the one responsible for giving away the squad's position. That needs to be fixed.

The music came from a website called Edgen. I made myself a Drop Team song list and I usually have it playing while playing, since the game has no music. He makes game and movie music and I think it is really great.

Edgen