Creature Zoo 6

poesel

Can be found here:

http://dropteam.johalla.de/download/Creature_Zoo/Creature_Zoo_6.zip

Unpack inside the Mods directory.

This is new:

- Czech hedgehog (Nexus6): deployable & destroyable tank barrier~

- Cobra Gunship (CrimsonDestiny): ABS, power windows, 30mm cannon, power steering, ATGM~

- Cobra Transport (Chilibird): light 30mm cannon, radio, DVD, 5 seats~

- Cobra Bomber (Phonan): heavy bomb~

changes to v5:~

- updates to ATGM & Sniper Infantry~

- dragon teeth renamed to czech hedgehog~

- czech hedgehog now multi-stage destroyable~

- reduced inventory: Thor-IC 3, Paladin IC 5~

- doubled reload for both ICs, ablation rate for Thor x1.5~

- MBT-T now with blade~

I wish all aspiring Cobra pilots good luck. I'm afraid your insurance rates are even higher than those of shrike drivers.

Phonan, I took the freedom to reduce the number of bombs from 100 to 10 and increase reload from 3 to 12. The bombs make very nice dents in the landscape so the original was a bit too powerful.

The ions are now reduced in power. The increased reload time should reduce the number of epileptic seizures and the reduced effective power will make all airborne troops happier.

Have fun!

*Sigh*

You should have seen when the reload was .3! You see a huge line of fiery explosions, and then.. everything is gone!

Anyway, thank you for putting me in, though at the moment I never play Creature Zoo. Hopefully Viper pilots will remain viable in the game. Unfortunately, with the new changes that ccover maps with AA and bots that can kill without Cobra Missiles, I'm a bit afraid for the Viper. Perhaps we could put a defensive, close-range autogun on it? This might unbalance gameplay however, so the one thing I'd request is that we get an XML tag allowing modders to toggle the grapple on and off. That way, the Viper's "weapon" is still unique, and the other vehicles are a bit more balanced.

EDIT: And where on Earth did you put the Computerized Tire Traction System? I swear I added it! And by the way- anyone whos reading... The Cobra Bomber is rated best in its class-

"*****" says 5-star review magazine.

"This is definitely... interesting" says another highly placed source.

At only $100,000 a month payment, the Cobra Bomber is a chance no one should pass up. Get yours today!

[ May 23, 2007, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Phonan ]

I think a close range autogun for defence would not unbalance things at all. Trying my own experiments it only icreases surrivablity by a minute or so.

Thats probly some sort reducede rates or decresed deductable or something? Is there an insurance adjustor in house?

How about Sensor Jamming? That would greatly increase survival rates, making for a huge cut in monthly payments, but it could be severely unbalancing, as a Viper could drop out of nowhere and grab anyone at anytime, thus increasing their premiums. It's an interesting problem we face here. Maybe if we gave the other vehicles side airbags?

geeeeezzz Phonan why don't you write a tutorial on how to fly? really I got to take one of the gunship up, toggled it a little bit sideways and by the time i figured out how to stabilize it I was coming down in flames

anyways bots Ai needs to be dumbed a little, these guys are killers

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

I think a close range autogun for defence would not unbalance things at all. Trying my own experiments it only icreases surrivablity by a minute or so.

Out of curiosity, would the autocannon make the Cobra immune to cobra-missiles? If not maybe an Autocannon should be put on every dropship, just to reduce the stupid deaths by HEAT rounds from 9000m away.

IMHO we should have just two flyers:

- the original Viper with troop transport abilities, a Hermes vulcan and the grappler

- a Cobra gunship with 30mm, ATM (maybe make that a dumbfire rocket?) and bombs but no grappler

One offensive and defensive airborne unit. The PD on the Viper wouldn't hurt that much because of facing: you cannot cover all sides with just one gun. The offensive capabilies of the Cobra would be compensated by its difficulty to survive.

My 2 eurocents.

I have been having a problem with CZ6. Everytime a game ends, DT crashes. The error reports that I have looked at says the problem is this:

1) Code: 0xc0000005

Address: 0x0000000095d1d4f

2) Code: 0x0000005

Address: 0x00000000049067d0

I don't know if those values are of any use or not. I am playtesting for CMSF and they need those for crashes.

I don't have this problem with the base 1.2.6 version.

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

I have been having a problem with CZ6. Everytime a game ends, DT crashes. The error reports that I have looked at says the problem is this:

1) Code: 0xc0000005

Address: 0x0000000095d1d4f

2) Code: 0x0000005

Address: 0x00000000049067d0

I don't know if those values are of any use or not. I am playtesting for CMSF and they need those for crashes.

I don't have this problem with the base 1.2.6 version.

same here

pls fix till I´m back from crete in 2 weeks smile.gif

CZ is running 1.2.8 now and I can confirm it doesn't crash upon leaving anymore. Good job.

I did forget to reinstall the old scenario list so the normal DT list is running now. Do you want the old one back or some new choice of scenarios? Only 'True' or a non empty array are allowed as answer.

I'd also like to hear some feedback especially on the ions. Toby?

Its all good Poesel, thanks.

I would'nt mind some new maps, just to change it up. No particular list though.

Hopefully the next release will tune down the bots spotting and accuracy, especially against infantry.

Would it be very hard to apply the camo pattern to the gear/weapons of the ATGM and Sniper teams, to get rid of the white target indicatiors?

Originally posted by poesel71:

I'd also like to hear some feedback especially on the ions. Toby?

The balance seems to be better - three Thor ICs can still take out a few Dropships but it's not the total Air Superiority package that it was ;)

I also get the impression that the bots are a little less accurate - I've seen beams slicing the air where the Dropship was, although that might be an artefact of lag?

Apologies for missing Sunday's action - I was at a barbecue (poor prioritisation, I know, I know!).

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Would it be very hard to apply the camo pattern to the gear/weapons of the ATGM and Sniper teams, to get rid of the white target indicatiors?

For me, who's "honey do" list got a mile long now that weather is good and that I have no idea what I'm doing, yes it is hard.

For somebody who knows what they're doing and has the time, well ask somebody who knows what doing.

:D