Drop team giving it a try?

Garand51

I am a big CM fan and I love DT. The first-person perspective puts you in the turret of the tank, or lets you lead a squad on the ground, unlike CM.

The tactics are real, the ballistics are real, and multi-player is a blast. With the bot update, fighting them is alot better and great practise.

Its not perfect, but the game continues to evolve and Poesel hosts a very strong mod server with home-made vehicles and infantry. Very cool.

So, you can say that I highly recommend it.

Garand, you should probably just disregard the above post. Everybody else who frequents this forum has a positive view of the game and we, for the most part, tend to ignore the occasional outburst from the dark whatever. Personally I prefer the light anyway.

To back Junglist up on this, Dark_au objects to the ability to drop a tank behind the enemy lines. Given that the name of this game is DropTeam and that Dropships are an integral part of the strategies employed, the ability to insert tanks into the field of battle anywhere does lead to new tactics not found on a WWII sim. But then again - this is a future war sim, not a historical one.

Personally, I've really enjoyed playing this game since it was released. There aren't many games that have this level of staying power. Try the demo - if you like it, there's lot more in the full version and modders keep adding new stuff into the mix as well.

to avoid newbie frustration:

look at this first:

http://dropteam.johalla.de/Threats/100/Thor0.html

(essentially the same thing as the armor penetration values in CM)

and post when you´ll be online, maybe some of the regulars (including me) will have time and lend a helping hand.

i´m still waiting for dark-au to establish a team and demonstrate his uber-tactical genius by challenging those who enjoy this game to a battle. I´m sure the "upstarts" would oblige.

Like best?

Short answer: 20 mm-armed Paladins. (The light wheeled vehicle.) Especially hunting tanks with Paladins.

Longer answer: The game's hybrid nature. I like the mix of sci-fi first-person romp and more "serious" features. (And IMO Drops add a lot to the game. Not only do they help keep up the pace, but they reward teamwork quite well.)

I've also found the MP community to be very friendly and helpful. The devs. too, come to think of it.

"RETARDED TACTICS"! THATS it!!

Dark_au, you FREEKIN genius! You have solved all of my DT Woes! I just KNEW that it wasn't me!

'BURP', I Love this game! Hi Guys!

[ April 28, 2007, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Bane ]