Bugs in 1.2.5

poesel

- Ascension lagged everyone into a near standstill when we played with ten humans. That annoys me VERY much because we seldom get so many together.

Whats strange is that we finished another map with ten (we started with 5(?)) but at the start of low dunes (after deployment) the server was unable to handle that.

- turrets shoot at (or rather 'over') you before there is any LOS

- the bots sometimes see infantry from very far away. If the bot is a turret it even kills you before you can see it

- this may be a local problem: I (on linux) couldn't hear jby (on windows) while he could hear me. Jung OTOH could hear us both and we could hear him

Originally posted by poesel71:

- this may be a local problem: I (on linux) couldn't hear jby (on windows) while he could hear me. Jung OTOH could hear us both and we could hear him

and to add to the confusion (or not), when I played on linux then other day poesel could hear me.

or to put it simply: linux can´t hear windows.

one other comment on 1.2.5: the bots have improved greatly, but sometimes they cluster at the edge of the map for no aparent reason.

[ April 22, 2007, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

Yeah, the bots do spot infantry at long range, especially the bot paladins (especially the Hermes) for some reason. The Thors and Apollos have blind spots that I have used to get close to them.

I have had the rear armor of the Thor take several ATG hits...is that suppossed to happen?

I wish infantry was invisable to bots past 500m, unless they are moving or shoot, like with players.

Ion Infantry can engage add kill (after some time) anything in line of sight, no matter the range. The bug is that while doing this at over 4000m (rough guess, the range finder doesn't work for Ion Spec.) Your target doesn't see you shooting him and will just, from his POV blow up.

Problem is that you don't hear the ion beam. I'm not sure if it was invisible, too.

Just blowing up in a Thor from Ion without a warning is annoying.

There has been a discussion waaaaay back about changing how Ions work. IIRC there should be a short 'painting' period where a non-damaging beam creates a vacuum pipe for the ions. After that the damaging ion beam erupts - but as a continuous blast. Same netto damage as current. That was also approved by Clay and should be incorporated in a future version. But since Ions have fallen out of favour with the new turrets this whole idea fell a bit out of fashion.

I imagine an ion beam functioning like a magnifying glass; the longer the beam stays on target, the hotter it gets. Its power would increase exponentualy over the span of a few seconds.

This version of the ion cannon should have a limited battery time, that decreases as that beam is maintained.

And this way, you could carve your name into your kills! (If burn/blast/shrapnel marks are ever modelled).

On Sunday at one point on Ascension the game stopped working for me and my ping climbed to very high level, forcing me to switch servers to keep playing. This happened to most, if not all the players. Just now on Delta Pavonis the same thing happened to me: game got really sticky, then I couldn't input anything (even disconnect), afterwards the ping level was way too high to rejoin. In both cases it was right at the start of a game.