Zoo on the weekend

poesel

Is there an interest for playing CZ on the weekend?

Theres not much news from my side as I'm making proper turrets for the new units. I've got some Inf updates from Redcon but until theres an DT update he can't include engineers.

So do you want a small update or wait till next weekend for more?

An update would include the complete mod.

I'm willing to play on either server, but I'm not sure if people on the west coast of North America are able to get a suitable ping on Creature Zoo. Delta Pavonis is more in between all potential players, being in eastern U.S. (I think) and I'm not just saying that because I have a very low ping playing on DP...but it helps. In the end I'll play where the majority sides.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Just for curiosity, what ping times do you get to either servers?

DP 150ms, CZ 50ms

And of course you know that we are all individuals - but not me!

DP 170ms, CZ 60ms

as I´ve said before, we need a server in the middle, like in Ireland or Iceland :D

edit: sherlock holmes here has just deduced that the Zoo is not in Poesel´s living room ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Zoo suffers from random crashes every few days and thats why its sometimes down. I didn't get around to writing an auto-restart script yet but will do that.

When we get the next update Clay will make an unstripped version which makes proper core dumps. Then we can find out why.

I'll see to it that it runs on Friday.

The dam tightrope can unfortunatly not be included as it crashes the server. Its probably because the areas of the laser towers overlap.

If you'd like to see other scebarios just tell me which.

No, HouseToHouse is currently not on and it only has CTF and Territory. If someone makes objective for it I'll include it.

The Zoo currently runs:

HotDropZone.scenario

Objective

mesax.scenario

CTF2

IwoJimaP.scenario

Objective

IMHO 4 scenarios should be the limit. My vote goes to IwoJimaP because I'd like to see how it works with humans.

So what do you want and what should be dropped?

Poesel, What about the Recon in Force Hopewell objective scenario. I would like to see how that works with several human players. Easy to defend and several attack routes.

I'll be checking the server all night Friday - Can't wait to start throwing rounds down range on "The Creature Zoo."

Originally posted by poesel71:

No, HouseToHouse is currently not on and it only has CTF and Territory. If someone makes objective for it I'll include it.

The Zoo currently runs:

HotDropZone.scenario

Objective

mesax.scenario

CTF2

IwoJimaP.scenario

Objective

IMHO 4 scenarios should be the limit. My vote goes to IwoJimaP because I'd like to see how it works with humans.

So what do you want and what should be dropped?

I´m for changing desert mesa to objective, but the selection is ok as-is too.

cya there

Hey Poesel, any chance we could get Raid on Creature Zoo for a bit? I'm feeling a little nostalgia for the pre-release days of the game. Also, I can't help but think it would be a good map to try out the Ariel and some of the other new toys.