things I like

poesel

Two scenes from today:

Played Volcanic Deposits and was standing with a Thor on top of the volcano. Jung was hunting with the Hurricane down in the valley to the NW. And then I see dropships coming down NE and Jung notices them too. Seeing him pushing up dust and firing the plasma mortar across my FOW (must have been at least 5km) - great. Very good immersion.

Other thing was Desert Mesa and I was in a 20mm Paladin E of the northern (enemy) base. I noticed a jammer on top of the big hill roughly 3km away and started shooting at it. Then I saw other shells flying over my left shoulder at the same target - Nexus6 with the same idea. Good teamwork without coordination.

Not two very big things and I don't know if you get the 'idea' from my writing but those kind of things are what make me like this game.

Hmmm.

The moment of "YES" when you take out a tank moving at extreme range (5km+).

Doing a coordinated flanking maneuver with a team mate to take out a heavy tank threatening the target - that's always a cool one. Especially when the MBT says "Damn you!" when it explodes :)

I'd also add the sensation of seeing a new scenario taking form for this first time. I usually have a good feel for the general appearance of a landscape as I make it but I have to say, the first time I saw Desert Mesa with the shadow mapping done was a damn fine moment. Having these huge vistas to play in is definitely a big plus.

Oh, and blowing up Jung is usually a good one too :)

That's amazing Nexus, because getting shot is my fav part of the game!

Seriously, I would have to say the interaction between players (as in communications) is one of the things I like most: be it serious teamwork, silly comments/jokes, or (like yesterday) mindless smack-talk.

I do like winning too....but *hurumph* I guess it's not everything.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

Speaking of mindless drivel ;) ,

Nexus and Poesel, around 50% of your messages are garbled. There is a certain overlap with laggy levels (volcanic), but i.e. Jung and Stonewall are always crystal clear. And BTW are my messages intelligent, err, intelligible? (usually few, but i´m the strong silent type)

Some of the voice comms used to be garbled badly. I've not had problems receiving messages recently (although I'm still sporadically hit by the sound at half speed issue). We'll have to run some tests in game at some point and try and get some hard data.

One thing desperately needed is a (alterable) reduction in the other sounds when a voice message is playing. The number of times I've been in a fire fight and the conversation goes:

</font>

• Jung: ... incoming ... behind ...</font>
  • Nexus6: Come again?</font>
  • Jung: Quick ... ... ... South</font>
  • Nexus6: Ummm.</font>

At which point Nexus 6 explodes. Ditto a control for music levels would be nice (as Nexus 6 pounds into action on the back of "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Another one bites the dust") oblivious to anything anyone is saying to him.