NETWORK CONNECTION

Bane

Hey folks!

Well, I'm a fan of Dropteam so I bought it! Problem is, now that I bought it I dont see any more than two servers when trying to play on the network! And after connecting to one or the other, I dont ever see any real people., only bots!

Has Dropteams popularity dropped that much?! Are there very few humans playing the game online, or am I doing something wrong?!

Thanks!

Not sure about DT's "popularity level", but I think it is more a reflection of the kind of players who like DT. We all have jobs and real life to deal with, unlike the far majority of World of Warcraft and Halo fans that clog their servers.

Sundays, 3pm EST, has been a regularly scheduled match time and is usually very challenging and fun.

More grogs are interested in WWII than scifi as well, so when the WWII version comes out, there may be more players online. I like both alot personally.

Also, if you are patient and keep checking the servers you will find that there are some very dedicated players/regulars lurking out there. If you live in North America I would check in the evenings as there are usually at least a few of us playing on any given evening.

Fear not 8ball, you are not alone!

I haven't played since last week, and probably won't till next week. However, when I do play I can be found on at odd hours, especially in the afternoon. A 1/2 hour DT game makes for a nice break.

If anyone wants to schedule a regular morning or (preferably) afternoon time/weekday I'm up for it.

I think some bots post to this board, btw. Be careful what you say about them.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys..Im sorry. Its really ME, Bane! I use to play in the pre-release days with 'junglist' and a few others. I was use to seeing a human every time that I connected. We use to chat about how we couldn't wait for the official release to come while I was tucked tight into my 'Tempest' doing Drive-by's! (stealing that enemy flag was a BLAST while old 'junglist' got busy digging trenches in an effort to stop me!)

Damn, I lost my train of thought! 'Burp' Good Beer!

Anyway, I found you guys and have played some good games since my OP. BUT., something else is on my mind.

It has always bugged me when I would connect to the network, click on the 'Refresh Network' button and see two games but only one available.And the one available has none of you guys playing. I see two humans playing the demo but I cant PLAY the demo because it is a different version!

What if I COULD join the demo? What if I could jump in the game with a newbie and show him/her the ropes,make the game more exciting? This would give ME more playing time with humans AND most likely increase sales at the same time! (Gamers want other Gamers not Bots! We can go to the local video game vendor for that!)

Ya Follow? "BURP"

Ok.,I'M SORRY! I just got out of my truck from a 15 hour day and I'm wanting to PLAY!

More to come.

I was just thinking that compatibility between the two would be a very nice touch, frankly. From a code PoV, though, I see where it would be complicated, unless the demo were built into the whole latest version of the game as a whole, and buying it simply generated a code to unlock the additional content and servers.

But that would require a restructuring of some significant ap things, so I do not expect it anytime soon.