"boarding" a building

combatplus2

What are the necessary conditions for entering a structure with infantry?

As the attacker in today's game (in the "beach" map), I was never able to enter by pressing B as usual. (Often in other games my squad will enter automatically just by being close to or touching the building - also mystifying!)

Secondly, while my squad was not able to properly "board" a building, it was able to get inside the thing nonetheless. In fact I was able to use the building as concealment for my 20mm dude, who (quite gamey-ly) picked off a bunch of enemy infantry before his position was ultimately discovered...

To enter a building you just have to move close to one of its entrances and stop moving. The entire squad is then "sucked into it", much to ImperialGrunt's chagrin. He has rightly pointed out that needing to explicitly press a key to enter would be better since you are sometimes accidentally sucked into a building while sneaking close to them.

The B key exits the building, but entering is automatic.

Thanks Clay - that's one mystery less. I'm glad it sounds like the "automatic-building-suck feature" is set to be eliminated soon.

What about the opposite problem - those times when it's difficult or impossible to enter a building (when pressing the B / special action key)? Is it because not enough of the squad members are nearby?