Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

Reminds me of a storm I had a few years ago. Only the lighting was blue and filled the entire sky, and it was raining sheets. Still, why doesn't anyone even want to take a look at my AGK spoof? (as far as I know, no one's said anything about it) Is it not considered funny? Did I do something wrong in choosing the subject of a viral video for a spoof? :confused: As I've said, I've hit writer's block on it, and I thought you all would like to add your own parts to it. Feel free to do so. I wish you would. But if you don't want to bother, and/or it's not good, I'm sorry I ever put it up, and I hope Clay locks it for good.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by jby

re: the spoof.

disclaimer: I am not trying to insult you.

I didn't think I was being insulted, I just thought I had made such a big blunder that I had ostracized myself on this forum. Rest easy, now that I know who I'm dealing with, I think the Angry German Kid (real name: Leopold) wasn't the best idea for humor out here. Sorry if my previous post was defensive.

Hello.

I came here over to the Drop Team Community. Tryed the first and the Second Demo and it was playing very Promising. But the Lack of ppl playing it in Multiplayer was the biggsest reason for me to buy this Game.

So how often are you playing? What does the Game cost so far? ANd is there anyway to try the Demo in Multiplayer with more then One Player and Bots?

I like the Combat Simulation and what you can do with DT. Its Sensors,Recon and so on.

Greetz from Germany (and im not the Angr4iy German Kid) smile.gif

Hello Taki!

We play online every Sunday at 3 PM EST, and every Wednesday starting around 7:30 PM EST. Cost depends. For just the disc or download, it's currently $20. With the disc and download, it's $30. I don't think the offer will last too long, though, so I'd get the full game right away. IIRC you can have multiplayer with the demo, but you'll only have 1 map to run on it.

And by the way, Taki, I know you're not the AGK. smile.gif

Posted by Taki

But the Lack of ppl playing it in Multiplayer was the biggsest reason for me to buy this Game.

We just had a 9-player blowout on Sunday (the usual day we play, though we play on Wednesdays too), but if you don't want that many players, relax. We hadn't had a blowout like that in 3 months, and the average number of players is more like 5 on the usual gaming days.

Guys, I'm sorry that I didn't know about your not knowing about the AGK. Next time I come up with something like this, I'll ask you if you've ever heard of it before. And 1 last question that's been bugging me: How many players do you find online on the demo?

Thanks for clearing it up, Phonan. Too bad, though. If there was a thriving (edit) online (edit) demo community, I could have entered and gone around riddling beginners. :cool: Still, Taki, if you want to run a server for the demo, here's some advice:

You should try to have a dedicated server running, not the "listening server" option you'll see in the standalone page of the menu. For setting up a dedicated server, look at your manual and ask us how. But if a listening server is all you have available, limit the bots to a max of 5 per side (jby recommends 6 per side max for a listening server, but I'm just giving you a little margin).

Your server shouldn't require too much power (though I have outlined my own dream DropTeam server, look through this topic). The main online server for the full version of DropTeam, Delta Pavonis, runs on a P4, 160GB hard drive, and 1GB of DDR2 RAM. So your server system could have the following components:

</font>

• CPU: Anything from a P4 or Athlon 64 up.</font>
  • RAM: 1GB of DDR or DDR2 should be enough.</font>
  • Hard drive: Anything over 100GB will float your boat.</font>
  • Graphics: Dedicated graphics for dedicated server=unnecessary, but required for listening server. Try a GeForce 7000 series, at least.</font>

Hope that helps and welcome!

[ June 03, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: 152mmDumbRocket ]

Posted by Taki

Im still in the Desicsion Progress. Buying the "Cat-in-a-sack" (German adage) is not really exiting me.

My mistake. As for payment options, here's the order page for the full version of DropTeam:

http://www.battlefront-store.com:8080//index.phppage=shop.product_details&category_id=14&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Hi Taki!

Kauf ruhig die Katze im Sack - 20$ sind ja gerade mal 2€ smile.gif . CD und Handbuch kannst Du Dir IMHO sparen. Außerdem bekommst Du als DT Besitzer den WWII Mod gratis dazu (wann immer der erscheint).

Weiterer Vorteil: dann sind wir schon 3 mit GMT+1. jby spricht auch ein bischen deutsch, das wär ja dann nicht schlecht. ;)

(auau, da krieg ich gleich Prügel smile.gif - warten wir mal den 16. ab... :D )

(sorry for the german - contains untranslatable (for you US types anyway) football and neighbour related jokes)

Ja, Taki, die paar Kröten ist das Spiel auf jeden Fall wert. Ist wirklich mal ganz was Anderes.

@ Poesel:

:PPPP

wegen dem 16.: um Königgrätz II zu verhindern:

http://www402.ws7.inname.net/initiative_aut.php

:D

Explanation for North Americans:

Austria & Switzerland are hosting the European Soccer Championship starting next weekend. This is in fact the only reason Austria is allowed to play. I think Austria´s team is ranked something like the 102nd world wide. smile.gif

Some Austrians think that Austria should resign before the tournament to spare themselves the disgrace. On the 16th we are playing our favorite neighbours, the Germans. The victory over Germany in 1978 (3:2)in Cordoba, Argentina, is the most important date in austrian post-war history :D

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordoba_1978

This day is still very well known here as the 'Disgrace of Cordoba'. smile.gif

Didn't hurt our neighbourly feelings very much as was been shown 4 years later in the 'Shame of Gijon' where we cooperativly created the most boring football game ever.

I apologize retrospectivly to any algerian reading this. ;)

Gut Leute.Muss mal sehen wie das mit der Aktivierung des Paypal Kontos klappt und wieviel US$ die € bei der Umrechung wert sind. Wollte mir auch noch Red Orchestra holen. Spielt das jemand von euch? ^^

RO ist sicher ein nettes Kontrastprogramm. Die Panzerfahrerei ist ganz lustig, wenn auch das Schadensmodell nicht ganz realistisch (im Sinne von CMBB) ist. Infantrie ist halt klassisch FPS. Viel mehr Spieler als DT natürlich, dafür aber zum Teil sehr anstrengende Leute. Das schwierigste an RO ist die Freund/Feind Erkennung (deutsche Panzer gelbgrau, russische grüngrau). DT ist aber ingesamt taktisch viel interessanter.

More awesome games today!

Water:

</font>

• jby</font>
  • kim2</font>
  • Ruaanith</font>

Blood:
</font>
  • Me</font>
  • Jung</font>
  • Stonewall</font>
  • Ithai</font>

On Raid, we managed to hold the base against rushes and won. Their capture of the E ion tower did not help. Enough said. :D

On Treachery, both sides agreed to abandon defenses and go all out to get the enemy's flag. We won again, thanks to an early goal scored by me.

But the Recon In Force round was the best. It was me and Stonewall vs. kim2 and Ruaanith. We held them off in a battle so good that it by itself justifies updating the replay server. Here are the highlights:

</font>

• I dig a trench on the E side of the base. I try to get Stonewall to help, but he was busy. But the trench was an excellent one and helped stem the tide from the E, including allowing me to kill a Bacchus that got stuck in there. :cool:</font>
  • Ruaanith attempts to sneak up on us from the S under cover of downed trees. I spot him and snipe his frontal armor though the foilage, killing him with 1 shot. smile.gif</font>
  • kim2 makes several attempts to capture the ion tower. All stopped.</font>
  • All considered, 1 great game!</font>

Kim2 said he stunk at shooting on the Raid round, while I pounded him with 120mm HE, trying to get some shrapnel through the sides and rear of his Thor. I told him if he joined the Battlefront forums, I and everyone else would teach him. No response. Should I make a topic about good shooting?

Speaking of kim2, where have the other new guys been? mark487, tb87670, redcap036, and others haven't showed up online since they first came up on our radar. Maybe it's just taking them a while to learn the many details. And at least kim2 is becoming a regular.

Finally, let me just say about the Recon In Force round, and the other rounds in general, something along the lines of something I said in the Recon In Force round: You (Water) partied like rock stars, but we (Blood) partied like rock gods. That about says it. :cool:

[ June 15, 2008, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: 152mmDumbRocket ]

Originally posted by 152mmDumbRocket:

On Raid, we managed to hold the base against rushes and won. Their capture of the E ion tower did not help. Enough said. :D

It did actually. You wasted half your turrets there and I bound Jung and Stonewall at the E tower.

We could have captured the tower earlier if the bloody bots had´t flipped them the cutters so often. :mad:

treachery CTF was cool. if your dead bot tank hulk hadn´t blocked your flag, it would have been a draw.

Sorry bout my mixup at black canyon, but that map sucks as CTF in any case. jung´s comment on the need for a racetrack CTF map gave me an idea thogh. Off to the drawing board!

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

It did actually. You wasted half your turrets there and I bound Jung and Stonewall at the E tower.

Yeah, but I was just stalling you on the east tower for as long as possible to keep you from focussing on the true objective, and those turrets were just 76mm. It was a fun little battle too - for the most part all I used beyond the turrets was a well spread out infantry squadl, unless I'm mistaken.

[ June 10, 2008, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Junglist ]

Pretty interesting games today. jby, you threw up a wall with a cutter on the N side of the base on Ice Field. I had no trouble jumping it twice, :D but isn't digging on Ice Field considered illegal?

Great job with trenches on Forsaken, those things kept me from going any farther than just into the base. jby and I did co-op on Unexpected Reserves, where we dug our best trenches yet. They stopped a number of enemy Paladins, and helped us focus on a few targets instead of many.

But the Twin Peaks round was the most interesting. It was me and Ithai vs. jby and Stonewall. Ithai and I took our ion Thors and ran into a group of turrets that we quickly took care of. I learned the ion Thors on Twin Peaks move from Jung, under which I spent many uncomfortable minutes. From there, we blew up all the defenses and a see-saw battle was on!

jby and Stonewall, inventive use of trenches on Twin Peaks, but it didn't stop our win. I think the use of trenches as cover for your units and turrets might have been your undoing. The turrets were unable to spot us and thus we picked them off. Trenches for units, in my opinion, should be relatively shallow diggings designed as hull-down positions. If you had made more, smaller trenches designed as hull-down positions, you would have held the objective.

Posted by jby

Need some more practice digging. In any case, very nice use of the Bacchus by 152 and Ithai.

I need some more cutter practice too. And thanks. Sunday's games were good, don't get me wrong. But they were a bit of a letdown after the 9 and 7 player blowouts we've had for the previous 2 Sundays. Which brings me to anther topic, meant to try to get more people to show up on Wednesdays and Sundays: Who can make it on Wednesday? And who can make it for next Sunday? If anyone responds I'll keep a list up of the people expected for the games.