Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

Hey Guys!

I'm in California USA, so that would be Pacific Time. I usually find most of you playing on sundays. Saturdays is good for me too. Getting regular teams together sounds great!

As far as lag is concerned, I DO tend to experience it more when there are large numbers of humans playing, so my performance in game sucks! Usually I can manage to creep around and blow up a few jammers, but head-to-head, I'm usually at your mercy. (oh well, I'm good practice for you anyway!)

ONE DAY, I will have my Broadband connection back, and when that day comes, I will be on the walls of DT fame! smile.gif

See ya on the Battle Field!

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very good games again tonight. We needed a sniper nanny for Chaos who went mountain hopping on Raid. You don't see the sniper but you hear the distinct sound. This was my first game on Raid since the demo I think and its still a good map. A bit harder for the attackers now methinks.

Recon in force was the usual carnage on the plains. The Ariels totally rule this terrain. I think they are a bit too good in every aspect. The next version will see fewer and slightly (!) slower, less armored and lower rate of fire for those.

We (Nexus,Jung,me) defended very well and the attackers (jby,bane) lost heaps of material. I wish we had more statistics on that. Still, jby managed to slip into our base and turret bombed. An AT grenade finished him just in time to get our points back.

House to house was very close all the time but I think jby again managed a last minute take over and we lost the match.

Btw, where is Delta Pavonis? Haven't seen it for two days.

Edit: CZ crashed 10 minutes after we left - good timing tongue.gif

[ April 01, 2007, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: poesel71 ]

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't know about where you guys might be living, but the weather here in Toronto has been fabulous the last few days. I've been outside working in the garden most of the weekend and, honestly, the beer has been going down like water. Anyway, I digress, what I'm trying to say is I hope you've all been busy doing whatever needs doing around the house and are ready for battle this afternoon/evening. Despite the beauty weather outside I'm spoiling for a good battle, so hope to see you there.

Oh yeah, if I should happen to lose later I blame the beer....gotta love a built in excuse before the games have even begun!

Some very intense battles today. Heres just the last one: Jung & Redcon vs Chaos & me. Scenario: TwinPeaks

We lost the first run against a very broad, map wide defense. We never got anywhere.

This time we tried to go after the AA first and then take the hill. Chaos set up ions to kill dropships while I faked attacks from the south. My part worked out rather mediocre and I missed what Chaos did meanwhile. I finally gave up and switched to a Thor-MC which killed three Bacchus in a row. By then AA was nearly down on the hill and I dropped rifleman on it.

Now it became very intense with lots of inf action. I think the enemy had run out of dropships at this time so all sorts of vehicles came creeping from the east. Mucho AT grenade throwing and even the frag grenade was put to good use. Chaos always managed to show up with a Thor at the right time so we held the hill and won the thing in the last minute.

I only wish I had a video of that.

It's insane (and rather annoying,) but the bots can finally shoot me down! Most of the time! They'll generally deploy a couple ions which they fire with extreme accuracy, generally killing my Viper rather fast. I also tried picking up a Thor- no luck! It simply blasts a HEAT and kills me! I died three times on New Yosemite- none of them at the hands of AA! And by the way, welcome to the game, Ender and Yutli. (Sorry if I misspelled the latter.)

That was a good time yesterday. All in all things were fairly even, and I guess I should be happy with how the games unfolded. Unfortunately the whole experienced was marred for me by the final minutes on Twin Peaks. Chaos/Grunt managed to get a Thor onto the objective and thereby reverse Water's earlier dismal performance on the same map and even up the day's total to two victories per side. I prefer to win. Oh yeah, next time I want to attack...did I happen to mention that?

One thing I think should be noted about yesterday's games, for whatever reason (ping I imagine-but I don't think I have the worse connection by any means) it was taking me a long time to join the games and I often missed the entire deployment phase, which is fairly essential when defending. Is anyone else taking a really long time to join Creature Zoo? If so would it be possible to add a tiny bit more time to the deployment phase?

Yeah, I've installed the DDS textures. The long load time only seems to be a real issue on Creature Zoo for me. I haven't played single player in so long I couldn't tell you if it takes me a long time to load or not. I am using a machine which is just barely acceptable according to the game specs.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chilibird:

Couple of good rounds tonight. Got a bit of a thunderstorm going here, unfortunately, so I had to disconnect. Much fun, though.

tornado...check

thunderstorm...check

earthquake...

:D </font>