Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I will be able to make the games to today, if I do I'll be late. However, I think we need some consensus as to whether we should spend Sundays testing new weapons on Creature Zoo or fighting serious battles on Delta Pavonis. I'm all for new weapons on Creature Zoo - the only problem is it does make for some unbalanced game play. For example: the increased number of Thors makes the job of wearing down the defenders numbers through attrition all the more important, thereby forcing the attacker to rely on some of the more tried and true tactics to get the job done in the required time. Just a thought. The second bit is probably more appropriate in the Creature Zoo thread, but whatever.

Well, my vote goes obviously to CZ smile.gif

I've changed the number of Thor KC-H to 5 normal, 5 new so that the sum is as before.

Also upped deployment time by a minute.

Guys, if you tell me balance problems a bit ahead I can fix them. Thats why I'm doing the whole testing in first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for playing this Sunday. Brutal - I love the last game where JBY and myself just started swinging at Chaos and Phonan. That was cool. You guys pressed the attack down the East road and would not let up. Like mechanized robots - You pushed and pushed. My eyes where truelly sore. Great game - I believe the word is tanacious attack. I'm sure glad I got on this Bloody Sunday - Oh yah - Me and JBY won. HAHAHA!

Phantom, we did have some really nice games going. The first Desert Mesa match was great. We were pulling in points with sniping from the mesas, and had the opposing flag just when they cleared our mines and brought the flag back to their base just as Phantom killed my flag run. On Archipelago, we got slaughtered. I don't know what happened. Our plan looked great on paper- long range shelling with a small advance spotting force. Only problem? The bots refused to fire. Sea Cliffs was furious. We threw everything we had at the objective, tried flanking and sniping, until Phantom flushed out the sniper, who couldn't redrop. We then threw wave after wave at them, making several intrusions, only to be repelled by some nice defense by JBY and Phantom. Great games, everyone. What's been annoying me recently is the increasing use of AA and especially Hermes, completely killing my Viper runs and making artillery a nightmare to use. I'm going to have to figure out some sort of way to counter this, because almost everything of importance lately is guarded by a Hermes. Viper tactics will have to evolve or die (hopefully the former.)

Phanon, the Viper needs to go away. I'm sorry.... It's just extremely frustrating to have the flag - start running, thinking you have open passage and then you get lifted from no where........ I can't take it.... It's embarrassing! Plus, getting my Thor stuck to the dead body of the Viper is a waste. Just let it go away, man. Just let it go away..........

Grunt, That "Singleminded atack" almost took the objective twice. If JBY didn't do the famous emergency turret drop there at the end - We would have lost the position. Truthfully, that was the most coordinated attack I've played against. There was no let up either. I saw your vehicle hundreds of times. I just thank God I shot you every time I saw you.

Phanon, the Viper needs to go away. I'm sorry.... It's just extremely frustrating to have the flag - start running, thinking you have open passage and then you get lifted from no where........ I can't take it.... It's embarrassing! Plus, getting my Thor stuck to the dead body of the Viper is a waste. Just let it go away, man. Just let it go away..........
Sorry, Phantom. I do believe, though, that you killed me more times than I killed you. Among problems with being a Viper pilot are that one never gets credit for kills, and that there are only 4 Vipers. Extraction does not add them back to your inventory. Getting stuck after the Viper is dead, though, is unrealistic overkill, I agree. On the other hand, I believe that those fancy tanks are way too hard to drive. Looking forward to having a talented Thor player like you on my side next time.
I look forward to our first real meeting on the battlefield
Speaking of evolving tactics, one can only imagine the new methods that will arise for Viper-to-Viper fighting. Thors will be picked up from the ground and hurled at high speed straight at other Vipers. Head on air collisions will occur. Vipers will roll, and make spectacular midair maneuvers so as to grab the other Viper with its grapple. This could usher in an entirely new era of DropTeam. :D

Looking forward to meeting you in battle as well, Chilibird/Iceman, great founder and hero of all Viper pilots.

[ March 11, 2007, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Phonan ]

Originally posted by ThePhantom:

Grunt, That "Singleminded atack" almost took the objective twice. If JBY didn't do the famous emergency turret drop there at the end - We would have lost the position. Truthfully, that was the most coordinated attack I've played against. There was no let up either. I saw your vehicle hundreds of times. I just thank God I shot you every time I saw you.

Well, next time there will be a real plan instead of an ad hoc one and I will, hopefully!, be able to fully concentrate on the task at hand. That was an intense game though.

Originally posted by Phonan:

Phantom, we did have some really nice games going. The first Desert Mesa match was great. We were pulling in points with sniping from the mesas, and had the opposing flag just when they cleared our mines and brought the flag back to their base just as Phantom killed my flag run.

Yah, that was sweet. You can´t imagine the joy of driving across the whole map without flipping my paladin (unlike in the archipelago game where every attempt of mine to flee into the relative safety of the water ended in a disaster) AND having our own flag appear just as i trundle into our home base smile.gif our minds were in sync there Phantom!

Sea Cliffs was furious. We threw everything we had at the objective, tried flanking and sniping, until Phantom flushed out the sniper, who couldn't redrop. We then threw wave after wave at them, making several intrusions, only to be repelled by some nice defense by JBY and Phantom. Great games, everyone. What's been annoying me recently is the increasing use of AA and especially Hermes, completely killing my Viper runs and making artillery a nightmare to use. I'm going to have to figure out some sort of way to counter this, because almost everything of importance lately is guarded by a Hermes. Viper tactics will have to evolve or die (hopefully the former.)

Sea cliffs was a gem of a game. I had to pull every trick I´ve learned in this game, and still you had us in the ropes more than once. I had to keep repeating my defence mantra: hermes check, AA check, Galaxy check. despite the other team losing this game I think the single minded concentrated advance is the right tactic in this map. If you guys had thought of using EMP and off-map arty we would have been history. wish I had taken a screenshot of the score board. Phantom and me had rather impressive kills :D . Though I admit that most of mine were through turret action.

Thats pretty good. Approved!

I got that phrase from a photo up in the 1st Marine Division HQ. The picture is of Marine manning a bunker in Somalia from the perspective of the Marine looking out. Spray painted inside the bunker on a piece of plywood was "US Army blows goats".

Lance Corporal humor is the best in the world.

No offense to my Army brothers-in-arms.

Yeah Nexus was getting a little upset. But I think it was even parts you killing him and me not getting there quick enough. But I had a long walk you guys had the area sewn up pretty tight with AAA. Lost four teams just trying to find a place to land.

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Great fights this Sunday.

Dead Gulch was very good. We should have won that. If we hadn´t been so careless with our dropships you wouldn´t have stood a chance. The initial taking of the tower was DT teamwork bliss.

Still have to think of a better bot strategy for desert mesa (attack).

Lag is still a problem on DP.

You don´t say ;)

This is ridiculous. People with ping 40 (i.e. BBoyle) have lag on DP, while people with ping >100 can play on the zoo without lag (at least that´s my impression). I was in lag nirvana for minutes at at a time yesterday on DP and there were only 6 people playing. If it´s just a problem of buying more bandwidth for sunday I would certainly contribute.