Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

I don't know about you guys, but I found the battles on the last couple of Sundays to be quite amusing, on a whole bunch of levels. The enjoyment factor, without a doubt, is increased by the number of players involved. To this ends I think we should continue to assembly at the same time on Sundays. It was great of Clay to help provide the focus for the past two Sundays, but I think we as a gaming community are with it enough to keep a good thing going. Of course it would be great if Clay could make the games, but he, like all of us, will be busy some Sundays. However, if enough of us come together each weekend, who knows, maybe we'll start developing rivalries/teams of our own to help enrich the Drop Team universe.

Who's in?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll jump on that one. I'll need to get one of the other systems I have hanging around deployed for use as a DT server.

Just an FYI on my connection : ADSL 100k Up/150k Down. No Clue on what the server will be hosted on yet. I will post when I have it either up and running or ready to go.

Iceman, if Rbentus is one of the clans I would like to declare my allegiance to, and willingness to die (multiple times per game if necessary) for anything and everything Rbentian. Anyone who dares stand in the way of the our onslaught will suffer the same fate of Developers!

I guess I'm going to have to forgive Admiral Ferguson for siding with the Devs last week. War is so confusing....

I was brainwashed. I recall nothing of last weekend. My last memory was that of a sudden scuffling, and a sharp prick in the back of my neck. And something about "Clay, we got him, those upstarts don't have a chance now." before I blacked out. When I woke up, i found myself on the surface of some unknown planet, lying next to the burning wreckage of a Viper dropship. Fortunatly, I was able to make a transmission for pickup before the ship was completely destroyed. How I got there is still unknown to me.

I assure you, I've had more guards placed at my cabin doors, and I carry a sidearm with me now. That should not happen again.

Oh and another thing... How do you pronounce Rbentus? I want to make sure I yell out the right thing when I say "Die Rbentus, die!" as I shoot the fool down floating around in a Viper.

--"I'm sorry to tell you that you've contracted a rare form of Rbentus, for which there is no known cure." :eek:

Iceman...where where you? Here I was all ready to fight for Rbentus and the live-ship never entered atmosphere. Anyway, you were missed.

"Good on ya!" to everyone who did make it, however. Too bad about the lag issues some seem to be experiencing. I did have one bad lag during ctf game near the end, which wasn't fun, but for the most part the new upgrade worked well for me today...even at maximum server density. Looking forward to next Sunday already.

Well guys, tomorrow is Sunday and you know what that means. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this Sunday as something has come up - as in free football tickets! Anyway, I really, really, really, hope that people will still gather on Sunday at the same time as the last 3 weekends. It would be a darn shame to let our most successful/popular effort at coming together wind-down. I personally was just starting to get wound-up about the whole thing.

So come Sunday 3pm EST be sure to FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Bring the liveship about, corperal. We've been challanged. I want all available forces available for drop.

Mobilize the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Armor regements, the 2nd viper platoon, and the 5th ATGM regements. Put the 3rd, 5th, and 7th Hurricane devisions on high alert. I also want a complement of Bacchus ready for initial deployment.

Put the artillery crews on high alert. I suspect that we will need them tomorrow. I want all of Rbentus's 6 gun crews ready for immediate action. No, I do not care that they cannot fire all at once. They are all to be ready.

We are at correct heading? Good, prepare to enter hyperspace on my mark.

Make ready my Viper, lieutenant. I will command this battle personally.

Enter Hyperspace.... now!

[ November 04, 2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: IcemanUSA ]