Wish List

Toby Haynes

1) I can do the irregular islands, though it would mean redoing the texture maps.

2) Definitely doable while I'm working on the islands, and a good idea.

3) This sounds cool, but I'm no expert on creating new gametypes. Some help here would be nice.

4) I was thinking more along the lines of buildings for defense. Hopefully this will work.

5) I'm not sure on this, it may require recoding.

6) The bots definitely have trouble on this map. Hopefully, they'll be smarter with the next update.

I will ignore #7.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

1)the 3 man heavy infantry squad

WORKING ON IT

3)Combat Engineer light infantry squad with AT mines/mine field breaching line charges/capping capability

WORKING ON IT

6) A few dense urban maps, a crystal map (ala Total Annihilation), alien world looking map, a water map with several islands and rough terrain/deep trenches preventing underwater movement

NOT MY ECHELON

8) Dragon's teeth and other obstacles (all can be breached by cutters/Combat engineer squads)

WORKING ON IT SEE ITEM 3

MY wish list A Hurricain Troop transport with 20mm and maybe even a vulcan (alla Hermes but no jamming) </font>

3) It would be cool to make this map a "Island hopping campaign" were the attackers have to capture a few objectives and the defenders have to spread out to cover same. Maybe make it a 45 minute game.
I know one thing one could do is this: Make a territory game, and have the "defenders" in possession of a large cluster of buildings on one of the large islands, with the other important islands holding 1 or 2 buildings. This would make for island hopping, as the defenders could take, say, 1 of any 3 islands, all of which lead to the main base.

[ February 22, 2007, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Phonan ]

1) Have a few more irregular shaped islands...and throw some rocks and palm trees for cover and concealment all over the place as well as adding the buildings.

Imperial, I think the part about irregular islands will be very tricky, as I'd have to basically redraw and texture the map. However, I'm putting in fortifications (like on Dead Gulch and Raid,) Ion towers, and I could possibly throw in dips in the ground as hull down positions. I've also added a decent skybox, so after I spend 5-1000 hours pinpointing the locations for and adding buildings and hull down areas, this should be ready to put out.

Yes, the "squad on a golf course" mentality is what I'm working hardest at getting away from. At the moment, battles basically degenerate into Thors firing HEAT from long range, then AP at close, dying, and repeating. Buildings, especially fortifications, should help, but in Objective, the goal is on an island too small for a fortification. Any advice here, on ways to add defenses, would be greatly appreciated. Territory, though, should turn out to be the best mode on this scenario, with buildings, fortifications, and towers spread out all over the map. There are no dropships, which encourages speed and not so much "turtling" with Thors because island hopping should be a definite possibility. I wonder how the bots will handle it.

What about decoys?

Beacons that emit a fake AM signature? Or beacons that are a sound source (infantry jet + firing ATG noise surely gets a tankers attention(=distraction))?

Would be a nice pasttime for an EW infantry unit.

Would that be a useful addition to the game?

• 2 months later...

'Zoom out' - I can zoom in and out on the tac map (with the mouse wheel). But I can only zoom in with 'g'.

I would prefer that 'g' would only zoom out (and would not 'overrun' back to normal) and another button to zoom in (or put that on the wheel).

• 1 month later...

While we're wishing:

Currently, when you enter the game and you are on the defense, you remain on the defense for the duration of being logged in. It would be nice to have some switching between attack/defense in the next map(without having to actively switch teams)

[ July 02, 2007, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Zooming is now on the wheel in 1.2.9 (in addition to the old 'G' key.)

Clay,

I updated to 1.2.9 and had a pretty serious crash to desktop about five minutes in. Where do I find that crash report again?

• 5 months later...

*BUMP!*

Hi again!

Just thought I'd revive this thread, as there is something that I would like to see added to DT.

Would it be possible to have 'jump view to here' command on the tactical map?

This would be particularly useful on maps where there is very little flat ground on which to place turrets. As is, I waste a huge amount of time zooming around the map to carefully place turrets, just to avoid having them topple over when they land.

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple players in a vehicle.

Boatz.

Heavy Inf... Heavy Inf should NOT be able to occupy buildings! Take over, maybe. But not occupy.

Rules, design sequence tables, volumes and weights vs. horsepower and firepower for designing vehicles. (AKA Traveller/Striker by GDW.)

[ December 31, 2007, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Caseck ]

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for reviving a long-old thread, but I just realized- I think we should revitalize the skyboxes. The ones right now are almost all blue sky, with some interesting variations like boiling point and forsaken. This isn't something we need the devs to do- we can do it ourselves, and I think it would add a lot better atmosphere (get it? atmosphere) to the game.

Originally posted by Phonan

This isn't something we need the devs to do- we can do it ourselves, and I think it would add a lot better atmosphere (get it? atmosphere) to the game.

I agree. Despite my lack of modding knowledge, I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize textures on a blank box are easy to produce.

You need to do two things:

1) the skyboxes are five pictures that show the INSIDE of a cube. AFAIK there are programs that can create seamless images for that purose

2) put those images into DT

a) replace an existing skybox - this will be overwritten when you update

B) create a mod with the images and changed scenarios - problem is that you can't join a standard mod server with a changed local mod

So I would suggest to change a scenario and submit it for the next update (whenever that will be) or run your own server.

.......... wait.

Poesel? Hello! Long time no see!

I was just looking at some of Imperial Grunt's pictures for map suggestions and I realized that they had far more interesting skyboxes than many DT maps. Maybe I'll see what Terragen can do...