Wish List

Toby Haynes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And please, please, please, someone make a rough guide to the Campaign.

It doesn't have to be a detailed strategy guide or anything. All I am looking for is something that will give me an idea of which conditions are required to win a level.

For instance, whether all enemy units have to be destroyed. Whether I need to remain in control of all the facilities on the map for a certain length of time, etc.

In some cases I've been convinced that I should have succeeded in my mission, but the game still claims I'd failed.

I'd like to know more about how/why I failed, so I know where and how to improve next time.

Otherwise it's just blind luck.

Reverse the facing of the Apollo chassis with regard to movement and armor.

It's much easier to go hull-down with the chassis behind the Apollo rather than in front. If the armor is reversed then you've got your strongest armor toward the enemy when you aren't 100% hull-down. Same thing for edging around corners.

Alternatively, I wish someone would explain the present Apollo's chassis/turret arrangement to me.

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

Reverse the facing of the Apollo chassis with regard to movement and armor.

It's much easier to go hull-down with the chassis behind the Apollo rather than in front. If the armor is reversed then you've got your strongest armor toward the enemy when you aren't 100% hull-down. Same thing for edging around corners.

Alternatively, I wish someone would explain the present Apollo's chassis/turret arrangement to me.

The truth about the Apollo is that no matter what you´re facing you have to shoot first or hide quickly. Even 20mm will destroy your apollo from the front unless you´re half way across the map. The Paladin is way tougher in that respect (I´m still not able to make sense of all the numbers in those files...is the Paladin´s front armor really thicker than the Apollo´s?)

• 2 weeks later...

Two new (xmas) wishes:

1) Neutral bases: The objective is held by the original colonists. Air defense would fire at all dropships until captured.

2) Conquerable anti tank towers

Im thinking of dead gulch/territory here. Isn´t it silly that you can simply fly your space viking cutter into a neutral base? I think there should be token resistance at least, maybe even with neutral AT turrets.

Your thoughts?!

Wouldn't/shouldn't the anti tank tower blast the cutter while taking over? Or maybe taking over disbles the tower? If Inf could take over deployables - that would be some fun. Hey really - imagine that you could turn those things on the enemy instead of just blasting them!

Another wish: I could never bring that last zooming level of the Thor to any good use. Its just too far and thus too shaky to be able to aim correctly. OTOH I would wish the Apollos had one more level especially since they carry the same gun.

So please Thor one zoom level less, Apollo one zoom level more.

I'm still on the demo, so some might be addressed already.

Wish List:

Bots are colored slightly different than Human players (both on your side, and the enemy side, both HUD view and on the map)

Dead vechicle shells have (Dead) after their name, or are greyed/much darker in their name. I like them sticking around for a while, but I wasted many a bullet on a bot that someone else killed and I failed to miss the kill message.

Some way to scroll up and down the messages (maybe I missed that) Also, Font size and coloring configuration for the text report. (Kill reports able to be different sizes than the chat text, etc) But, at a minimum a global text size option.

Enter selects the "Drop" button for the Deployable menu. (helps speed up dropping turrets, etc)

Audible notification that you made a kill. (Since you know you killed by the chat log, might as well hear it also)

Internal sensor update on the status of your armor for each "zone". (but not on your enemy's armor)

Ooh!

Infantry Engineer able to take over Towers, just at a slower rate.

The Engineer would also be able to repair destroyed deployables and take over enemy ones.

Unarmed, but with a slightly more powerful jet pack. (a side effect of a beefier power supply needed for his tools)

One fun thing I miss about Tribes was the ability to manually control a deployable turret. This would be fun to include here also. They also had optical "sensors" which were used as another way to detect units. (which you could aim manually)

Originally posted by poesel71:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Wouldn't/shouldn't the anti tank tower blast the cutter while taking over? Or maybe taking over disbles the tower? If Inf could take over deployables - that would be some fun. Hey really - imagine that you could turn those things on the enemy instead of just blasting them!

</font>

Somehow I have that honey taste around my lips... smile.gif

Yes, should be pretty easy (at least it looks so - never tried). Its an automated gun on top of a building so its not different from a normal turret (which is just a small building). So you could put any weapon on any building. Theres also the choice to make it anti-air only.

Since this is a fixed instalation its up to the scenarios developer to think of something. I'll gladly help if need be.

• 2 months later...

After starting DT in the network tab: could the table be rearranged so that remaining time is shown? For instance by making 'Scenario Name' and 'Server Name' a bit smaller?

If theres just a minute on the clock I would rather wait than connect.

I would like to have another one or maybe two XML tags: WeaponMinRange and maybe WeaponMaxRange (if possible).

This would allow more finetuning on flight behaviour and spread for the rocket artillery.

MinRange should be easy: don't shoot if target distance is smaller than that.

Problem with MaxRange is that it would stop shooting 'in the air': infinity is alway greater than MaxRange. Something I'd rather not want to have stopped.

At the risk of repeating myself in other topics and boring everyone, here is my wishlist:

Here is my wishlist:

1)the 3 man heavy infantry squad

sstgrizzly.jpg

2)REDCON-5's ATGM light infantry squad

3)Combat Engineer light infantry squad with AT mines/mine field breaching line charges/capping capability

4)REDCON-5's Recon/Sniper team (light infantry), 3 marines, one is the sniper with a 25mm sniper rifle, a scout/security marine with the standard 10mm, and a FO with the c2 pack/radio and a laser/target designator)

image.jpg

5) More sophisticated turrets (some of these may not be deployable, but are part of base defense at the start of a scenario)

-Twin 20mm turret

-14mm AA mini-gun turret

-ATGM turret

3d-models-08-guns.jpg

6) A few dense urban maps, a crystal map (ala Total Annihilation), alien world looking map, a water map with several islands and rough terrain/deep trenches preventing underwater movement

27-city-abandoned-burned-destroyed-level-3D-cityscape-27.jpg

industrial_set-11.jpg

7) Toby's gunship!

DragonFly-texbaker.jpg

8) Dragon's teeth and other obstacles (all can be breached by cutters/Combat engineer squads)

9) All of the other little suggestions I have emailed Clay!

[ February 21, 2007, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Imperial Grunt ]

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

1)the 3 man heavy infantry squad

WORKING ON IT

3)Combat Engineer light infantry squad with AT mines/mine field breaching line charges/capping capability

WORKING ON IT

6) A few dense urban maps, a crystal map (ala Total Annihilation), alien world looking map, a water map with several islands and rough terrain/deep trenches preventing underwater movement

NOT MY ECHELON

8) Dragon's teeth and other obstacles (all can be breached by cutters/Combat engineer squads)

WORKING ON IT SEE ITEM 3

MY wish list A Hurricain Troop transport with 20mm and maybe even a vulcan (alla Hermes but no jamming)

[ February 22, 2007, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Redcon-5 ]

MY wish list A Hurricain Troop transport with 20mm and maybe even a vulcan (alla Hermes but no jamming)
Done - see the Styx in the Zoo smile.gif

It has the vulcan - the Thor transport has the 20mm (which will be online this weekend).

And to mister image spammer ;) : I will try my luck with 5) next week

As to 6), I am working on a water map. It's not finished yet (buildings, environment map,) but basically you have a maze of islands connected by strips of land with deep water-filled chasms in between. If you fall off the islands or paths, you are DEAD. I'll put up some screenshots if I can.

All right. I've taken some pictures. Please bear in mind this is not the final scenario. Most notable may be the absence of buildings.

Panorama.jpg

Oh, and don't fall in the water.

Falling.jpg

Fell.jpg

And finally, a battle scene:

Duel.jpg

So, Imperial Grunt, do you think this is the kind of map you were looking for? Once I throw in a whole bushel of buildings, I'll post it.

Looks very cool, if I may make some suggestions...

1) Have a few more irregular shaped islands...and throw some rocks and palm trees for cover and concealment all over the place as well as adding the buildings.

2) Maybe one or two islands do have some shallow water around them before the drop off and some of the "roads" dip under the surface of the water in certain places.

3) It would be cool to make this map a "Island hopping campaign" were the attackers have to capture a few objectives and the defenders have to spread out to cover same. Maybe make it a 45 minute game.

4) Put some hills to create some defilade for players to use. Maybe some sand dunes and/or beach areas around some of the islands.

5) Is there a way to make the water act like real water as far as keeping vehicles from shooting underneath the water (water filled barrel plus more water...not good). It would also be cool if rounds that hit the water were affected dynamically and arc in some way.

6) Will the bots lack of driving ability handle this map...or will they kill themselves at the rapid rate?

7)Throw is some random hot babes in tiny bikinis.

I wish I had some computer skills...