A question and a proposition for Clay

Junglist

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junglist,

Steve, you might find that us grasshoppers have learned a lesson or two over the last few months.
So I've heard! Well, I am expecting to be edumacated by you young ankle biters. Good thing I have just as much fun losing as I do winning. So no matter how badly I get spanked, you can't take that away from me :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Junglist,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Steve, you might find that us grasshoppers have learned a lesson or two over the last few months.

So I've heard! Well, I am expecting to be edumacated by you young ankle biters. Good thing I have just as much fun losing as I do winning. So no matter how badly I get spanked, you can't take that away from me :D

Steve </font>

3 PM EST (or same time as last week) is what Clay was saying yesterday.

Sabot3, kayaking or gaming? If you should happen to read this before the big battle, could you let us know if we should be expecting you? If not, enjoy the kayaking; sometimes real-life does take precedence.

Originally posted by IcemanUSA:

3 PM Eastern Time, I believe. (Something GMT -3 or so? I don't know exactly)

Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind the UK. I don't think the daylight savings time (DST) switch has occurred in the UK yet - I think that's next week. So 3PM EST is 8PM UK local time.

8PM UK DST is 7PM GMT.

Yes - I phone the UK on a regular basis, so I have to get this right :)

I'm kinda hoping the Upstarts will all align on one side, as the original desire was to actually have a more formal battle - all the better for strengthening clan ties. Oh yeah, and creating bitter rivalries to boot.

Everybody is of course free to pick their own team in the end, BUT I have vowed to rid this planet of the Dev menace once and for all! By Odin's beard, it will happen! Once we banish them back to deep space we, the good Space-Vikings of (insert Iceman's name of Live-Ship from mod forum here) will be free to pillage in peace.

Sabot3-> You kayak? What rivers do you run? I am a River Guide on the Lehigh river (Class II/III, but we hit class IV during the floods) here in Northeast PA.. if ya happen to be in town, give me a hollar, and we can go boating.

I haven't, unfortunatly, had the opportunity to run some larger rivers such as the Hudson or Salmon in NY, so my experence is somewhat limited tongue.gif (Class III in a kayak, class IV in a raft. I do have an eskimo roll)

Jung -> That's LiveShip Rbenteus (Pronounced "Re-Bent-Us"). Now give me 50 pushups!

Ah! Wait, I forgot to talk smack. Let me rephrase my previous post, just to correct an obvious oversight:

Iceman,

If you are kayaking these days you at least have the right name for it. I mean, your brain must be frozen. smile.gif

Wow, now that was some smak talk, eh? I bet that one stung deep, cuz it was so witty! And if you think I'm kOoL at this, wait until you see me play!

tongue.gif

Steve

P.S. Obviously I am out of practice talking smack. If any of you upstarts are from Australia or New Zealand, let me know so I can start in with the sheep references ;)

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Ah! Wait, I forgot to talk smack. Let me rephrase my previous post, just to correct an obvious oversight:

Iceman,

If you are kayaking these days you at least have the right name for it. I mean, your brain must be frozen. smile.gif

Wow, now that was some smak talk, eh? I bet that one stung deep, cuz it was so witty! And if you think I'm kOoL at this, wait until you see me play!

tongue.gif

Steve

P.S. Obviously I am out of practice talking smack. If any of you upstarts are from Australia or New Zealand, let me know so I can start in with the sheep references ;)

No worries....jung will spank you for it anyway...

That was a great game everyone.

In summary: Two Territory games, 1 CTF, and an Objective map.

Score - 3 for the Upstarts, 1 for the Dev Team.

After most all of the Upstarts left JBY and I kept playing. We didn't do so well, but we did manage to cause some damage and get some units into the Objective before the end. When the OpFor is 5 humans including ImperialGrunt, Clay, and the rest of the Devs (I think. I wasn't paying attention to names) I think that is close enough to a victory :)

[ October 22, 2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Jalinth ]