1.1.8 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

1.1.8 fixes a crash for Windows users that was introduced by a bad deployment of 1.1.7.

Changes in the original 1.1.7:

</font>

• Fixed server crashes</font>
  • Fixed slider buttons on tac display sometimes not responding to clicks</font>
  • Fixed campaign bugs</font>
  • Performance optimizations</font>
  • Fixed handling of unstable objects</font>
  • Increased acceleration for MBT's</font>
  • Added 90mm AT turret</font>
  • Improved bot formation driving</font>

[ October 03, 2006, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: ClaytoniousRex ]

Nice - a 90mm smile.gif

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">

Comparison 76mm - 90mm - 120mm

BasePenetration 350 430 430

LossRate 100 160 150

ArmorBurnFactor 0 0.08 0.1

DirectKillFactor 30.2 50.0 50.0

FragmentationFactor 1.7 3.0 3.0

ExplodeFactor 0.45 0.45 0.5

StructuralDamageAmount 0.56 0.56 1.0

Overpenetrates false true true</pre>

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Clay, I did the update and now DT does not work. Every time I attempt to load a scenario, the game crashes completely. Tried 3 times on 3 different scenarious.

At least it's not just me, then! Although on the plus side, it reduced my distractions so I actually did more work today....

Cheers,

Phil.

Originally posted by Fritjof:

Same for me.

DT crashes on two different systems.

Already submitted the crashlogs to the support team.

Too bad, as tomorrow is a national holiday, I finally have some time to play...

Fite

Add me to the list...loads and then crashes...sent the error report in.

I have had two crashes when I tried to join a network game Mon night. I also tried loading a "stand alone" game. All three games crashed at the point the objects were loading into cache. This is with the 1.17 update. I suspect a corrupt file(s). How do I reload the update?

Edited to add that now I see others are having problems too.

So that's why there have been so few victims tonight. I was starting to get worried that nobody wanted to play tanks with me anymore.

Seriously though, now rather than the whole server crashing when I get the "server not responding" message, I get this strange 8-9 second stutter while the message is flashing, and then play resumes. This resulted in me getting smoked by bots in a serious lag of time on a couple of occasions.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

This was a problem with the way the .exe's were deployed for 1.1.7; it affects Windows users only. A fix is posting right now.

Is the fix going to be a new download? I tried to load a scenario again tonight and it still crashed. What do I need to do to make it work?

Originally posted by Junglist:

I get this strange 8-9 second stutter while the message is flashing, and then play resumes. This resulted in me getting smoked by bots in a serious lag of time on a couple of occasions.

you just experienced my new lagging emp bomb :cool:

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

You should now be prompted to update again and the fix will download (it's very small). Sorry for the bad release of 1.1.7, everyone! For the next 24 hours only, anyone who sees me in person is allowed to swat me (open palm and one time only!)

Getting on plane now...

I've got a new problem... Not as catastrophic as the other 1.1.7 problem.

At the start of play during the developement stage - If I deploy something (not always but most of the time) the application shuts down and I receive the famous Windows Error report. I know others who have experienced this too.

• 3 weeks later...