1.1.6 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

Important: There's a new command in this release (for firing smoke grenades). If you have customized controls then you need to go BACK to the default keyboard or default joystick controls and recustomize your control set with this release.

Changes in 1.1.6:

</font>

• New scenarios from Toby Haynes, Hub, and Iceman (see readme files for more author information within the update)</font>
  • Diagramming, Grid overlay, Layers, and Slider Windows on Tac Display</font>
  • Dropship pilots now automatically seek out flatter, safer ground near the designated drop point if the drop point is dangerous</font>
  • You may now "Take Control" even while you are passenger; for example, you can deploy infantry into a building and then take control of some other unit (give bots a MOVE command to get them to exit an object that they're inside of)</font>
  • Objective game type now does scoring based on ratio of force strength within the objective area(s)</font>
  • Camera now correctly moves to stay in position when you move underneath objects such as large buildings and bridges</font>
  • Fixed bug that was causing a team's # of dropships to be depleted prematurely</font>
  • Added ability to view scenario objectives at any time</font>
  • Fixed right click orders menu when multiple objects are selected; you can now issue orders to all selected objects via right-click</font>
  • Fixed Territory game type scoring</font>
  • Added smoke grenades for the Thor (backspace key by default) - will be coming for other unit types soon</font>
  • Fixed client-side CTD</font>
  • Fixed server crash related to taking control</font>
  • Minimap now renders at much higher quality</font>
  • Increased acceleration of all Apollo variants</font>
  • Allow servers to run different game types in the same rotation (Delta Pavonis will now offer more than just Objective)</font>
  • Fix bug that left bots in "not allowed to drop" state when all humans have disconnected from their team</font>

I don't think they do... follow the diagrams.

At least they didn't seem to be following what I *think* were the drop/no drop zones. Squiggly circle with arrow or "no" symbols inside.

Also the Thor smoke (on the Mac at least and the 120mm gun version) is the second ammo on the 20mm. I didn't check to see if there was a keyboard shortcut option (the Delete key didn't do it by default.)

It looks like Clay forgot to mention that the only way to issue orders is the right-click pop-up menu.

Originally posted by Dark_au:

Do the bots follow the diagrams?.

Is there any chance of a list / explanation / interpretation of the symbols anywhere?.

i gave it a short try and they do follow the spieky arrow once they get there, so at least for that i think it should be placed after the sort of command that I intepret as: "from this front line go in a column"

but yes a little legend would do anything bad

On Apple Laptops there is no second mouse button, which now makes giving bots instructions impossible, unless I am missing out on a key command for this. I will use a USB mouse, but it makes fragging from the coffee shop more difficult.

Toby Haynes, Hub, and Iceman are in the house! The new scenerio rotations are great!

Folks having trouble with controls: It took me awhile to realize that the patch for some reason changed my control options from defaultmouse to defaultjoystick. I just went into the contols options and returned my settings to defaultkeyboard, everything (like the right mouse button) was working again. I can't figure out WHY they would want to change your default controls, but there it is, eh?

Originally posted by aittam:

ctrl+click anyways i gave up shooters with the trackpad

if only it were that easy!

I have noticed that I have better peripheral vision than forward. As I move along in a tank, I am always seeing red triangles to my sides, but as I turn toward them to scope they disappear. This is happening alot and can be quite distracting.

OK... I was wrongish about the bots not recognizing the "Drop Here" symbols. (At lest on the Mac) they just aren't very accurate.

Playing on "Hide and Seek" (love it when it degenerates to infantry in the tall grass) the bots were consistently dropping a few hundred meters outside the "Drop Here" region.

And they never once dropped in or near the "Do Not Drop" zone.

theIRONGIANT - that peripheral vision 'bug' shows up in a lot of games. I suspect it's because the visual range area is a square rather than a circle.

Originally posted by theIRONGIANT:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aittam:

ctrl+click anyways i gave up shooters with the trackpad

if only it were that easy!

I have noticed that I have better peripheral vision than forward. As I move along in a tank, I am always seeing red triangles to my sides, but as I turn toward them to scope they disappear. This is happening alot and can be quite distracting. </font>

I second that with the vanishing red blips. That is new with this version.

If you had choosen a different mod than base when you start the game, you can't switch back. The name on the mod line changes but the text is still the old one. You have to restart to fix that.

The icons for the diagrams could be on the side of the map not on top of it. Smaller icons with a description under it would be nice too.

I have to say that I like the new functions the tacmap provides but the interface still needs some loving...

When you click on a vehicle in the tac map you don't get any information about it. Especially when you have a cluster of bots you even don't know which bot you really got. Clicking on a vehicle should give you the normal info window with name, vehicle and current order.

The keyboard button for the smoke grenade doesn't seem to work (backspace). Shooting normally works.

I just played three scenarios with two server crashes. That is not a good ratio :(

The dropships now fly much better. This has been a long way but I think its now really good. If they would drop the vehicles in the way you look when dropping - that would be the sugar on top smile.gif

The camera is much better, too. Shows what it should even when close to buildings.

Bot Bombs... during set-up.

During the set-up phase me and bots against bots there seems to be a lot of occasions when turrets (and one unidentified tracked vehicle) seem to be getting killed as they are placed.

On "Hide & Seek" I had what appeared to be a pile of 3 buring turrets, 2 on another occasion. A single burning turret once.

The single buring turret may have tipped off the bank to the north of the objective but the turret piles were in the open ground to the south.

In "Unexpected Reserves" a tracked vehicle of some sort fell out of the sky on fire and vanished when it hit the ground. Right next to the tall structure.

I don't recall seeing this in earlier versions.

Originally posted by CrimsonDestiny:

The turrets can flip on set up if they're dropped into rough enough terrain, resulting in their unfortunate demise. The bots suffer the same fate on occasion

True - and I'm sure that's what happened to the single turret - lord knows I've done that myself, and perhaps the unknown tracked vehicle dropped onto the roof of the building.

The multi-turret dogpiles were in flat open terrain. For some reason the lead bot decided to place them all in the same spot?