1.1.5 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

Important: If you were not already up to version 1.1.0 and had customized controls then you need to go BACK to the default keyboard or default joystick controls and recustomize your control set with this release. If you don't do this then many new commands from the 1.1.0 release won't work for you.

1.1.5 is a small bug-fix release.

Fixes in 1.1.5:

</font>

• Fixed intermittent server crashes</font>
  • Fixed client CTD</font>
  • Fixed rare inability to drop</font>
  • Decreased accuracy of mortars</font>
  • Fixed bots' incorrect ability to target sensor jammed objects without line of sight to them</font>
  • Increased Objective game type's scoring rate - teams gain or lose points more quickly when the objective changes hands</font>
  • Fixed Mac sound mixing problem</font>

Played a few games of 1.1.5 and haven't encountered a single mortar bot. What I have encountered is bots going back to utilizing 120mms a lot. I'm beginning to think bot AFV selection is based on whatever AFV gives them the greatest accuracy and explosive capabilities. They again seem to be extremely accurate with them against dropships, one side or other (sometimes both), almost always use up their 15 ship allotment before a game (30 minutes) ends. Might need to increase the dropship allotment or decrease the effectiveness of 120mm as AA. Once the bot side runs out of dropships it becomes an easy shooting-gallery gauntlet, as the bots always seem to take the same route toward their target area. Not much fun, unless you enjoy very easy kills.

There is always much talk of combined arms being important to victory, but the bots don't seem to utilize this strategy at all (probably too complicated for them). They just seem to take whatever weapons system gives them the greatest bang for the buck. When mortars gave them this advantage, they went mortar crazy, now that mortars don't have this advantage, it's back to the tried and true 120mms (they go from Thors to Apollos to 76mm, and only then do they begin to use ions and 20mms, with the occasional Shrike tossed into the mix-haven't seen a mortar bot since I started playing 1.1.5).

So where does that leave us? The game is a little less chaotic without the incessant artillery barrages. The biggest problem, as I see it, is dropship judgement. They still drop onto impossibly steep areas (with the resulting AFV destruction) and they try to drop too close to enemy units (causing dropship depletion much to quickly). Fix this and the game will be basically sound and ready for more elaborate changes (if that is what is wanted).

I miss the bot's mortar-craziness ( :( I don't hear ride of the valkyries as I charge across Raid anymore with smoke and bits of things flying everywhere...). Still like the game, however smile.gif .

Defensive emplacements and bot wrangling will probably complete the picture. If we can keep the bots on a leash and control the enemy's advance more creatively it ought to be epic.