I hate you guys.

pilgrim

I hate you.

Yes, all of you.

Yurch, especially, because he makes everything sound fascinating. Poesel, especially, because he types what I'm thinking. The rest of you -- and yes, Clay, you especially -- because you've all pushed me past the breaking point.

I heard about the game, saw the initial screenshots, and thought the game was, well, lacking. Then the beta came and I was hooked. Hooked in a major way. But there's no way I could justify $45 for myself, and I convinced myself that 3 copies (one for myself, and one for 2 of my boys, and we'd play at home on a LAN) was just too expensive.

Then, the dual eLicense thing came. Two copies. I'd only need two copies. But two copies was still too expensive, right? So, I played the demo. And played the demo. And played the demo some more.

And read. Read about infantry. Read about new maps. Read about new scenarios. Read about a $35 price tag. $35 was still too expensive, right? (Hey! I'm a bargain-bin kind of guy. Build a pc that's a year behind, and buy year-old games, and everything's cheaper, right?)

But, then came the Bacchus. And a $35 price tag. And a blown motherboard at home that made me rebuild a pc. And a new notebook ("for you, my darling wife") that just happens to play DropTeam acceptably.

Fine.

I surrender.

I clicked the Buy button, and now I'm downloading this too expensive game that I've already put more hours into than 25 of my bargain bin purchases combined.

I hate you guys. All of you.

Originally posted by pilgrim:

I hate you.

Yes, all of you.

Yurch, especially, because he makes everything sound fascinating. Poesel, especially, because he types what I'm thinking. The rest of you -- and yes, Clay, you especially -- because you've all pushed me past the breaking point.

I heard about the game, saw the initial screenshots, and thought the game was, well, lacking. Then the beta came and I was hooked. Hooked in a major way. But there's no way I could justify $45 for myself, and I convinced myself that 3 copies (one for myself, and one for 2 of my boys, and we'd play at home on a LAN) was just too expensive.

Then, the dual eLicense thing came. Two copies. I'd only need two copies. But two copies was still too expensive, right? So, I played the demo. And played the demo. And played the demo some more.

And read. Read about infantry. Read about new maps. Read about new scenarios. Read about a $35 price tag. $35 was still too expensive, right? (Hey! I'm a bargain-bin kind of guy. Build a pc that's a year behind, and buy year-old games, and everything's cheaper, right?)

But, then came the Bacchus. And a $35 price tag. And a blown motherboard at home that made me rebuild a pc. And a new notebook ("for you, my darling wife") that just happens to play DropTeam acceptably.

Fine.

I surrender.

I clicked the Buy button, and now I'm downloading this too expensive game that I've already put more hours into than 25 of my bargain bin purchases combined.

I hate you guys. All of you.

Hey man...don't sweat it...we hate you too....

Originally posted by Alexander SquidLord Williams:

Hey, I feel excluded from the hate!

all of you
The rest of you
All of you
Oh, believe me, you're in there.

If you'd like to be part of the "especially" crowd -- and yes, it is an exclusive bunch -- I'll try to dig up something.

*ruffle, shuffle, ruffle, crumple*

Ah, here it is.

....and Squiddy, especially, because he used the word synethesia. ("...on the other, the tac is a kind of sensor synesthesia..."). Synesthesia? Synesthesia? Despicable.

However, your membership is tenuous, at best. How can I hate anybody very long who can generate this kind of phraseology:

murdered electrons to produce your message needlessly
Murdered electrons to produce your message needlessly. Wow.

Anymore of that poetry, and you're gone from the I-hate club.

I've spent decades murdering electrons and scraping their hoary old bones across cathode-ray cave walls, just to ready myself for this moment.

[sniffle] Its like the Emmy's. I'm so proud.

(Be careful, I grew up reading Lovecraft and Knuth. I'll describe something as "squammus" and then write my own mini-language to go further, if you're not careful.)