Mine drop pods

yurch

Wow, what a ruckus that manuever caused. I would like to clarify some points (I was the one who did that).

1. The entire thing was a JOKE. I was not aware of any flaw in the map before I entered the building. I thought that the deployment was similar to the old capture-the-flag style games, so I was looking for the edge of the deployment zone. When I found that there was none, I decided to jump onto other player's heads (and then redeploy), but then saw the building. Since I had never entered building with infantry before, I wanted to try it.

2. I stayed in the building since I thought it would be amusing, and wanted to see what would happen. I wasn't even sure that it would work...

3. When I saw that it did work after the game start, I knew something was wrong with the map. Not wanting to unbalance the game, I quickly jumped out of the building and went on a suicide charge. My total kills in the building were two vehicles and one infantry squad, and I lost the entire infantry squad.

4. I then deployed another unit and started attacking normally. Based on my kill rate with that, and other times I've played the map, I could have done more by not using an infantry squad and just deploying my usual 76mm Paladin (I love the 76mm now... smile.gif ), in the time when I was messing around with the infantry.

5. Since I usually play online with two other new players (family members), I was in fact, directing their tactics, not trying to acoid tactics. If I had REALLY wanted to ruin the game, I would have deployed a 20mm infantry unit (not the ion unit that I used) and then never left the center.

I am usually using voice-coms now with the two other new players, so don't type at my normal rate. Unfortunately, Dark_Au left before I could explain this in response to his complaints.

As a side note, I'm sure this map can be quickly fixed. In the mean time, I usually try to have another friendly player occupy the center building as the defender.

By the way, this map seems to always come up now. What happened to all the other maps? It seems that now, there is only rotation between Hide and Seek, the bridge map, the zero-atmosphere moon map, and two other nondescript maps (one more open, one hilly). Can't all the objective maps be rotating on the server?

Finally, I've never noticed anyone using mines to drop on people's head, so find it odd that people are complaining so much about this. It should be fixed, but it sure seems to have high priority...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorky!

Thanks for identifying myself with your own sexual orientation...an obvious attempt at reconciliation.

You're so sweet...

I think it may be time to take your toys and a juice box and sit in the corner again.....

It's ok we know you'll be back ;)

ah Dorky how we love thee...

three pages ok my whole holidays lectures were shorter!

i agree mines were a little abused but still the cutter or a related vehicle should be able to deploy them with precision-> i mean drive a long the path and obtain a nice minefield