DropTeam Wiki

ClaytoniousRex

Thanks, Clay!

I'm trying to do some post-pass copyediting on the pages as they go in, so if anyone sees that I've edited your pages behind you, I'm very likely just doing a little formatting cleanup, grabbing a few egregious copyediting issues, or tagging in links to other pages. I'll do less of this as folks learn the format and do more of the page-linking and formatting themselves, of course.

Because I'm a geek and a writer and I can't help fiddling with things until they look right, darn it (says the guy who bought InDesign because he couldn't stand what the layout guy did to his last book, oi vey). smile.gif

Pretty much all content is desired! In fact, if you want to drop a personal note on the wiki in the middle of an extant page, please do! The best way is to set it off like so:

----

Text indented one space off edge.

* YourNameHere

----

That'll set your bit off with horizontal lines, indent your text a bit so its obvious what it comments on (add spaces as appropriate for the right spacing; typically one more than whatever you're talking about) and puts a bullet with a link to your personal page (if you're registered) so folks not only know who you are, but can find other stuff you've commented on, if they like what you've said.

Categories are basically pages with a special format that link back to every page that links to them, and so make it easier to find, say, all the pages on "tactics" on the wiki (because they all contain a link to CategoryTactics). Plenty of examples on the site already.

Remember, links to related things and pages make it easier to reference! The tough one can be linking to bits with spaces in the name; single words and extended phrases can be created like so:

["word"]

["extended bit of phrasing"]

Either will make a link to a page with the given thing in quotes. As with categories, there are lots of examples; VehicleInfo is full of interesting bits.

Why this extended ramble on formatting? Wikis thrive on making it easy to find stuff on them, even as they grow organically. Make your stuff look good, and make it easy to use, and the next time you need to find something, it'll be right there at your fingertips.

I encourage everyone to help make the DropTeam wiki great!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've cleaned up the Wiki a bit but this thing needs

a) more content

B) a better design

I can and will do a) but I won't B). I hope someone with a hand for that will step up!

And after reading Tobys comment here I should really look that up...

• 3 weeks later...

Are you going to restrict access to upload attachments to certain people (like me? :) ) to avoid getting Spammed? Just a thought.

Thanks for getting the image uploads arranged. I may start transferring my googlepages image set over to this wiki, just in case my beta account ceases to exist.

The wiki has an anti-spam system although I don't know if it works with attachments, too.

Lets see what happens.

One note of caution: attachments are NOT versioned. That means if they are deleted they are GONE. Keep a private copy!