1.1.3 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

Important: If you were not already up to version 1.1.0 and had customized controls then you need to go BACK to the default keyboard or default joystick controls and recustomize your control set with this release. If you don't do this then many new commands from the 1.1.0 release won't work for you.

Some of these are discussed at more length in their own forum topics to explain how/why they work.

Fixes in 1.1.3:

</font>

• Infantry can now occupy buildings and fire from within.</font>
  • The inventory of Dropships for each team is now limited (can be changed per scenario)</font>
  • Teams can deploy via Deployment Zones instead of Dropships. These zones are shown as dashed boxes on the Tac Display. Just click your drop location inside of one of them in order to deploy this way instead of using a Dropship.</font>
  • Dropships now fly evasively.</font>
  • Infantry and deployable items are now delivered via disposable drop pods instead of Dropships</font>
  • The Galaxy cannot fire its point defenses until it has landed</font>
  • Smarmy "plasma turrets" have been completely replaced with real objects that work like everything else - they have a chassis, turrets and proper weapons (76mm for the AT turret and Cobra missile launcher for the AA turret) - it's now very easy to Mod new kinds of turrets</font>
  • Internal components for all vehicles have been properly grown to fill much of the empty space within.</font>
  • AP rounds are now able to properly overpenetrate through subobjects of a target. For example, a tire will no longer stop a large AP round from also going through and hitting the chassis.</font>
  • Fixed occasional "invisible" enemy vehicles when they are upside down and burning</font>
  • Fix bot failure to notice jammed threats</font>
  • Included Yurch's improved dots for minimap and counterbattery indicators</font>
  • Scenario authors can now turn off Galaxy support for a scenario</font>
  • Fixed craters appearing on network client when they're not actually there</font>
  • Fixed extracting dropships hovering forever above water if the target unit is underwater</font>
  • Fixed destroyed units being returned to inventory when extracted</font>
  • Slug Fest victory condition fixed</font>
  • Fixed server crash when infantry embarked Paladins</font>
  • Fixed rare crash if empty voice chat packets were sent</font>
  • Allow Gunner and Ammo components in vehicle chassis. If present in both chassis and turret then both must be functional to count as working</font>
  • Fixed Archipelago bridge entrances</font>
  • Network clients must now have the same Mod selected as the server they join</font>
  • Thor now carries more ammo</font>
  • Infantry can reload ammo at drop pods</font>

I accidentally had a mod selected but could connect. Switching to Base didn't help - had to restart.

It took me three hits with an Ion to kill one inf. Is this a 10mm laser pointer or what? smile.gif

If your motor is killed you can't lock the brakes (well you can lock but nothing brakes).

Is there a way to LEAVE through a deployment zone without dropship? Dead gulch has such a zone under enemy AA so leavin by dropship is not an option.

Could the bots be ordered to NOT use dropships? Current scenarios seem to have enough dropships but there may be others where those are more scarce.

Everything else: love it!

The dropship movement is great. Following the dropship up and down is a great view. The towers are much better now. The all-seeing-bots are gone. For a sub point update this really a lot!

Following the dropship up and down is a great view.
The thing I love about this is it lets me pick my turret facing before I land, so I can have some better sense of situational awareness. This makes a huge difference.

My only personal feeling is that drop pods come in to land a little slow on the terminal end. They should do some slamming right there at the end.

The sounds are absolutely wonderful.

Hey Clay, would it be possible to list XML changes/additions as well for scenario designers?
Heck, yes - can't believe we didn't even think to do that. I just posted a new topic in the Mod forum about the new tag in 1.1.3 and will try to post there with such changes for each release.

If your motor is killed you can't lock the brakes (well you can lock but nothing brakes).
That's deliberate.

Is there a way to LEAVE through a deployment zone without dropship?
Not yet. When we hook it up, it will be the exact inverse of the current deployment. You will get a message that retreat is underway and will lose control of your unit for the required delay time before it finally disappears.

Could the bots be ordered to NOT use dropships?
Yes. Give them drop orders inside of a deployment zone. Or, if you don't want them to deploy at all for the moment, then select each bot's account on the tac display and uncheck the "Allowed to Drop" checkbox. This will make them not drop anything until you tell them to.

Well, you are right, but here is the way I look at it.

I drive a '99 Toyota 4runner. Automatic Transmission, power steering/braking. Now then.. recently, the Transmission, or something related, has been acting up, causing the engine to randomly stall. When the engine goes, obviously, so does the various power components of the car. Recently, the car actually stalled while moving (~20 MPH) so I had to brake to a stop before I could restart the car. It was a LOT harder without the hydraulics/power braking there. And that is a 2 ton car.. imagine a 20 ton tank. They are definately hydraulic/power breaking, and without the engine running, because it stopped, or was blown out, you don't have that, and even if the brakes did work, the effect of the driver slamming on the brake pedals would be miniscule.

The pods are very cool, thank you. It makes active deployment of turrets mines etc. doable. Had some wonderful fun putting minefields in the path of the advancing enemy yersterday :D

Minor (and preventable by the player) "bug":

I noticed that if you drop a pod on a building your troops can´t deploy, requiring a diconnect/connect to get back into the game.

The new dropship routine is very nice to look at and an improvement. minor quip: the dropships sometimes put my tanks on an incline, causing them to topple over as soon as they are released. you´d think those hotshot pilots that can do evasive flying can spot a patch of flat land ;)

This newest release is a hoot! The battlefield seems to have gotten more dangerous. Those Cobra missile things are tough.

Wasn't there a mod that warned the player when they were about to drop into an area that was certain death? If so, what was that mod? How does it work? I have never been warned, just shot down.

The drop pods could do with some more speed and/or appear a bit smaller. As it is their arrival is pretty obvious and invites rapid arty response and such.

They do improve infantry and deployable mobility quite a bit, however, and I think they are a great step.

I've also been dropped on inclines and had dropships flip and such. I'm sure writing terrain avoidance routines for these things is a handfull, however.

I'd vote that a dropship just look for the nearest flat, relatively clear surface of a given area to wherever you clicked and/or never land in the first place -- just tether the vehicle down.

The downside of these is that they don't let the player hang themselves, which they should rightly be able to do, but it also spares the dropship from having to manuever so carefully beforehand.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

This newest release is a hoot! The battlefield seems to have gotten more dangerous. Those Cobra missile things are tough.

Wasn't there a mod that warned the player when they were about to drop into an area that was certain death? If so, what was that mod? How does it work? I have never been warned, just shot down.

there's a warning but's true only for bots -> mortard drop location is certain death or something along these llines

hey poesel, the independent electric motors for the paladin is a cool idea, but that can't be what is modeled in the game. I believe that the paladin has a traditional engine and axle drive system. The reason for this is that if it had motors in each wheel, it could reverse two on a side while maintaining the other side forward, allowing it to pivot steer. It cant, which suggests to me that the wheels cannot be turned independently of each other.

And I still like treads better anyway, but that is discussed in the modding forum