1.1.2 Release...

ClaytoniousRex

...is now available via Update. You should be prompted to update automatically the next time you run DropTeam.

Important: If you were not already up to version 1.1.0 and had customized controls then you need to go BACK to the default keyboard or default joystick controls and recustomize your control set with this release. If you don't do this then many new commands from the 1.1.0 release won't work for you.

Fixes in 1.1.2:

</font>

• Fixed CTD caused by OpenGL rendering bug</font>
  • Fixed voice chat crash on Mac OS X</font>
  • Infantry squads may now board Paladin IFV's for transport by other players or bots</font>
  • Infantry can no longer walk on water</font>
  • Point Defenses now properly target whichever projectiles they can instead of always hitting certain types of projectiles. This means it is now easier to "roll back" point defenses by putting concentrated fire on them (heavier rounds like mortars and ATGM's can now make it through with enough other supporting fire)</font>
  • Bots now suffer from "fuzzy spotting" that more closely mimics a player's ability to see enemy units. If you're jammed then it is now possible to "sneak up" on bots just as you can on human players. Foliage, distance, the bot's facing, scenario haze, and other factors affect the bot's chance of "seeing" you.</font>
  • Bots have much better fire discipline and smarter selection of ammo types</font>
  • Bots are now able to move, attack, defend, and otherwise properly control infantry squads</font>
  • Bots are now able to properly use mortars</font>
  • Fix occasional server crash caused by client disconnects</font>
  • Added Objective game type to several scenarios</font>
  • Included Dark_au's scenarios</font>
  • Fixed a small memory leak</font>
  • Improved performance while on tac display</font>

We only included Dark_au's scenarios this time, Hub. That was because he asked us to so he could have some feedback (plus, of course, they're really good!) Your "Bloody Iwo" is really good, too, as is Mace's "Rolling Hills", but it didn't even occur to me to roll those into the update. We're juggling so much that without Dark's direct reminder I wouldn't have remembered to include his, either. I'll make sure that Bloody Iwo and Rolling Hills make it into the next update, though!

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815:

the new patch has really improved the infantry.

Do the bots drop any infantry units?

Edit: I can answer my own question now. Yes, the bots drop infantry when they appear to have run out of vehicles that they can drive (if the scenerio lasts that long). smile.gif

Phil.

[ August 06, 2006, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: phil180 ]

There is definitely some sort of server crash related to the infantry getting into/out of a vehicle. Delta_Pavonis has gone down twice with us playing with infantry in that regard.

I can't replicate it very well, though. The second time I got stuck in a bot somehow, with my view occasionally getting tossed to the corners of the map after a short exit/enter cycle I couldn't seem to break.

I notice suspension on vehicles has changed a bit too, they sway now instead of just flipping.

But on a cosmetic point, the chassis should sway like that but the wheels shouldn't actually lean should they? smile.gif