1.1.0 Infantry Blog

Jalinth

On this first release infantry don't have any of these more advanced features such as demolition, engineering, mine placement, etc. We want to get the basic functionality out there and in your hands then start to progressively add these more advanced features at a steady pace over time. This will lead to better stability and better overall balance than trying to spooge it all out at once would. But please do keep the ideas coming because after this initial release, adding additional features is far easier and will happen much more quickly than this 1.1.0 release did!

well some kind of claymore or othesr, so infamous, IED would be appreciated

i'm still debated about buildings seizing, may be some indoor maps for infantry only scenarios

bayonets, def a must have!

and also an option to limit the engagement radius, let say to use lethal weapons well inside their range

Understand about the phased introduction of infantry into the game.

Have you thought about UAVs and UGVs? They could even look like infantrymen... Tetra Vaal

What about military robots with somekind of advanced AI? The AI gone bad as been a very popular scifi theme for a long time and if you ever wanted to introduce a non-human force into the game, I think that option is not too "unrealisitic". You could even call the robot leader "Hal"!

Originally posted by aittam:

well some kind of claymore or othesr, so infamous, IED would be appreciated

i'm still debated about buildings seizing, may be some indoor maps for infantry only scenarios

bayonets, def a must have!

and also an option to limit the engagement radius, let say to use lethal weapons well inside their range

I was not so much thinking about simulating house to house combat and room clearing, but simply being able to put infantry inside of buildings to stay out of sight and for protection. The interior combat may be simulated in an abstracted way if you send a squad into an occupied building.