Play time (full ver)

yurch

Since there seems to be so few of in possession of the full version right now (get on it, demoheads!) I suppose it would be a good idea for us enlightened few to actually figure out a time to play.

Not as a competition or anything, (yet) but at least to get some games going where we aren't depending on Montard* to keep his Apollo upright.

For now, just state your user name and availible times. If some of you creatures of habit are always on at a certain time, make sure to say so, you can be the catalytic seeds in our ...pie of, erm ...playing. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those kinds of players.

My name is Yurch (with a capital Y this time - the buddylists are case sensitive) and I can generally make myself availible after 6pm EST, but you can sometimes find me earlier if the day is slow enough.

I normally play in the evening on week nights - sporadically before 7pm EDT/EST and maybe for an hour or so between 7:30pm and 9pm. Weekends are pot-luck though.

You'll find me as Nexus6a. I'm sure I've blown some of you up (and been ATGM'd in return) already ;)

Cheers,

Toby Haynes

My schedual is unpredictable now, but I am free during all times of day on some days, so I can likely play anytime. Ill keep checking this thread to find out when to log on.

Yeah demoheads, buy the full version. You know you will later when they add infantry , so play better maps in the mean time.

Sign me up! I'm registered as psnively. I live in Los Angeles, so 8:00 or later, Pacific time, is generally good for me, and roughly anytime on weekends. I love the idea of getting into a good "we're all n00bs here" multiplayer scenario.

Also, as a programmer, I have to say that it's nice to see folks taking advantage of great tools like ODE, OpenSceneGraph, and SDL. The AI in single player frankly needs work—my AI guys in Sanctuary too often just went off the bridges and into the water completely, or flipped themselves over trying to turn around in the middle of the bridge. Also, calling the resupply ship on a bridge is a bad idea: for whatever reason, no matter how close to it I got, it didn't actually connect, and since it was in front of me, it just became a very effective barrier.

But hey—I'm having great fun so far, and expect to have more as I learn more about the game. Which reminds me: where is the manual? Specifically, how does one play one of the other multiplayer game types, e.g. CTF?

I live in Eastern Standard Time. I usually jump on as soon as I get home from work for a game or two (4-5pm EST), but do most of my extended gaming from about 8-10pm EST. I'll be looking for some of you tonight around that time, I hope. In the game my name is now Jung, but I remain Junglist at heart.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this Yurch. Us paying customers need to get our act together and make this game as much fun as it can be. I'm sure the demoheads are wondering why there are always so few people playing on the 1.01 servers.

I'm using the handle (of my name!) Shane in-game, and fate has placed me in the Eastern Standard Time zone for a year or two. I'm typically good to go after about 6 or 7 on weekdays, although my work schedule is a bit peculiar so that's not always. Great idea, Yurch!

I'm in the CST/CDT zone, and can usually play after 6 or 7pm. Fridays and Saturdays depend on hit 'n miss social stuff, but since Friday seems to be emerging as the winner (huge surprise) stateside, I may have to start setting aside some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh....summer holidays. I have the next two months off and with the exception of a couple of weeks in late July, I will be looking to play at all sorts of odd times. Even though I live in EST (Toronto) I look forward to gaming with some of the Asian/Pacific/European players out there. I'll be scanning the servers on a fairly regular basis (a.k.a. when my wife isn't paying attention) to see if anyone's playing.

Fight ya later!

• 2 weeks later...