Infantry

sunray1

Hi,

I’m new to this games section of the forum. I thought I would try and find out more about Drop Team.

I know that in your overview, and several other places, you talk about armoured combat in the future. So obviously much of the action is vehicle based, if not all. But you also show, in your vehicles section, a unit for carrying a number of armoured infantry. And, in at least one of your responses on this forum, you mention that you believe that the battlefields of the future will always require the presence of infantry.

So I live in extreme hope that there will be infantry present in this game. Games that are purely based on vehicles tend to leave me somewhat cold, because they immediately loose that element of realism.

Please tell me that there will be infantry, and they will be geared up with all the technology and trappings that go with the infantry of the future. And they will definitely not be those cop out metal droid stick men with lasers, that game developers seem to think are a compulsory component for a futuristic game. Infantry also add an extra level of realistic tactics to a game.

The game looks really promising from what I have already seen. Keep up the good work.

regards

sunray

Gen. Lee Annoying,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think to enable earlier threads, I thought that what I saw was all that existed.

Put my foot in my mouth with my second post. How cool is that?

Now that I have read the other threads on infantry, I am somewhat encouraged that they will be added at some time (squads even).

So thanks again. I will be coming to this forum frequently, to check the latest. My main interest is on the Histwar forum.

regards

sunray

smile.gifsmile.gif