using models from an Art website

FluXs

Hey, just saw a review of dropteam on gamespy. LOOKING GOOD, but when I came to see the pictures I had a feeling I had seen all those vehicles/dropships/stuctures somewhere else.

http://www.3drt.com

I see you have used these models, will you be developing your own for the final game? As i would prefer to see some more original cool models than these which anyone can use off the net.

Hi, FluXs, thanks for taking an interest.

Yes, DropTeam includes some non-exlusive art from 3DRT. But, no, you haven't seen "ALL of those vehicles/dropships/structures" somewhere else. In fact, we've established an excellent relationship with 3DRT that has allowed them to create a great deal of additional content specifically for DropTeam with even more still on the way. We're also currently in production with a complete set of indigineous units that are completely original, not to mention hundreds of original textures, sounds, terrains, backdrops, diagrams, etc. The few structures and models that we initially purchased from 3DRT's public "off-the-shelf" supply are truly a tiny drop in the bucket when weighed against the entire artistic undertaking of a game like DropTeam.

Even though DropTeam includes mountains of original content, if we come across any more non-exclusive, public artwork that is high quality and fits well with the game, we will happily use it just as we used those original models from 3DRT! Quality is quality, regardless of its source.

You can also look forward to a steady stream of new content in the future both from us as free downloads and from the mod community as well.