Machine gun -Bug? or "feature"?

sgtBilko

When I take the MG position, it sometimes seems I am fighting to get control of the AI gunner. There is sudden repositioning and jerking of the MG sights and a lack of control. There is also a shuddering effect that makes it impossible to aim the MG. Is this intentional? (vibration from the lower AI MG position as it fires?). I suspect this has something to do with defeating the AI when I jump to that MG position. I don't see this happening when I jump to the other positions. B-T-W, I love the graphics of the tumbling soldiers when you hit them with round from the main gun! I do think it would be an improvement to be able to locate targets and fire the upper co-ax from a general view atop the vehicle, instead of being forced to look through a magnified sight.

Been a while since I played this but I think when you first go to a new station the computer will keep control until you press a key. Usefull for training if your having trouble aquiring targets.

I think the game was underdeveloped, and while fun, left alot to be desired. I remember one action in which my tank was penetrated in the glacis over twenty times, all bar one of the crew dead, all the damage lights red, and I was still able to shoot and drive.