A few questions about gameplay

Hi all,

First i want to say to the game is great, finnaly a tank sim game smile.gif

But there are a few "strange" things about the game:

question 1 :

In the fire trainings mission, whe i let the driver ( the AI , not me ) drive to position 1 he takes a 90 degrees turn when he is in shooting position 1 and drives up a bit. me tanks dont stand horizontale anymore and i can not hit the camp. ( i have te mannuale drive out a bit before i can hit). Is this a bug in my pc? or did you not test the game enough?

question 2 :

When the shooting mission is over (or any mission in fact) in can see "the statics". i can put on markers en vectors. it appears that vectors is the places where tanks got hit. but what is markers?? nothing hapens when i turn it on.

question 3:

In the controls of the game i see that the commander of the tank also got the zoom mode ( with + and - on numlock) But when i am in the commander position and press + and - nothing happens. This make it very difficult to pick targets at long range (especailly infantry)

question 4:

About ammo : The readme.txt in the demo says cleary wich ammo is for wich foe (like mg for infantry) except for the tanks "tanks n armor piercing (BPS)or hollow charge (BKS)

Well i have never been in the army tongue.gif

So what is the difference between Armor percieng and hollow charge??

( i guess armor percieng penetrate armor and explode .... and i guess hollow charge just penetrate their tank but without exploding ( No charge ), but what kind of use would that have? )

Question 5:

In mission 3 of the demo i meet 2 men, i thing they are under my command. But when i go to the map and place a move order somewhere ( in order to move them to there) i see very short a "flag pole" on the map what dis-appears after a few seconds. and the 2 infantry men are not going to move at all.

Can you plse help my how i could move other units?

And also how the "move order" and other orders work with the map ( are those orders for me? or other units? do i have to select them? and how to select other units if posible?)

I hope to see answer because it is a great game! but it need the right explanation with it. the readme.txt is just much to less in the demo. a downloade large pdf with a the options of the game would be nice ;)

but anyway i hope you can answer my questions.

Greets AK

question 1 :

Tank commander & driver coordination takes some time to learn. You have to learn how the AI is "reading" terrain sometimes to know what order to give and what not. With a little experience you can get your driver to maneuver quite well, but you also have to learn to sometime jump into the driver seat and steer yourself if driving is critical or to correct small errors. The main problem is that the AI sometimes tries to avoid what it perceives as obstacles when the player would probably prefer to just drive straight through it.

The driver AI also can be made better or worse in the editor, it's a skill that can be adjusted when you make a new scenario for example.

question 2 :

Markers (IIRC) makes the descriptions of each hit (distance, who fired etc.) appear.

question 3:

I believe that the commander zoom feature is not always available, i.e. not available in each scenario.

question 4:

So what is the difference between Armor percieng and hollow charge??

In a nutshell, armor piercing relies on kinetic energy to penetrate the armor, while hollow charge is using a chemical/physical process. Hollow charge is usually more effective at longer ranges, because it's penetration does not rely on the kinetic energy of the projectile (which is descreased the longer it has to fly).

Question 5:

Can you plse help my how i could move other units?

You do not have to select units. If they are under your control, that's normally stated in the briefing, and when you click on the map, then all units under your control will do what they're ordered to do.

Martin

question 4:
to add to moons explaination;

but dont try to hit something moving wich is far away with HC. it a pain in the ... due to the verry low speed of the projectile.

in average take armor pircing for everthing what comes. if you got a bigger thank like T72 you can use the hollow charge to kill smaler tanks straight off where AP could fail with the first hit. in a T34 shoot hollow charge on verry close tanks or those APC like vehicles. shuturm i belive.

Question 5:
also in addition;

i found i only can get my man to move when iam in the TC position.

so, when you start a mission, move to the commanders seat and open your map.

than give orders, wait until the little flag disapears and than close the map.

after a few seconds the friendly tanks/soldirs whatever AS your own tank will start to move, becouse your drive want to follow your orders. press "1" for Stop and order him what ever from TC position or take driver yourself.

that way it should work to 100%.

[ May 12, 2006, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

I'm stuck on mission 9 (Farms) - out of around 10 re-tries I have only got my support tanks & infantry to move ONCE. They just refuse to budge :( I think it is buggy. Also the labling of the buttons is confusing, you don't know what it is you have selected.

I'm stuck on mission 9 (Farms) - out of around 10 re-tries I have only got my support tanks & infantry to move ONCE. They just refuse to budge I think it is buggy. Also the labling of the buttons is confusing, you don't know what it is you have selected.
hehe, Horrgakx you seem to confuse the missions all the way smile.gif

isnt farm mission 7? where your goal is to kill the officer!?

anyways if you mean farm than my buddies refused to fight just once(whith this methode stated above) in many tries.

i n this mission i find it verry verry hard to keep the gunner from shooting away my precious ammunition and the TC from smoking all the time. when iam in driver position the guys mean they have to "do" something acually smile.gif

iam really tempered to boost my ammo loadout for 50% to compensate.

but farm is a tricky mission. this 2 T55 in the field, hull down, are a pain. even with t72.

it takes defenitely some time.

do you mean the lableling of the buttons in the map or the labeling for ammo(bks,ofs,...)?

• 7 months later...

Hello?

Does anybody answer these forums anymore?

I just need a simple answer.

I'll ask it again just to make sure I'm not mistaken....

For the types of Ammo, what do the abbreviations stand for and which type are they?

Like which one is Armor Piercing?

Which is High Explosive and so on?