I don't understand how to fire

I just got T-72, and was going through the tutorials today and I am really confused. This is such a complicated sim.

I was hoping someone could be kind and explain the steps you take for targetting and firing at enemy targets. I just have the games realism settings on arcade for now until I learn how to properly play. But it is still kicking my ass. And some help would really be appreciated because the tutorials did nothing for me. :confused:

Have you read section 7.2 in the game manual? It explains the process fairly well, and the rest can be learned by trial and error. The sim is not complicated (compered to some others out there), but being a simulation (and not an arcade shooter) obviously it does expect the user to become familiar with a similar type of control issues as a real gunner in the 72 would face. Learning and mastering the controls is part of the fun in most sims I'd say smile.gif

Martin

• 2 years later...
Have you read section 7.2 in the game manual? It explains the process fairly well, and the rest can be learned by trial and error. The sim is not complicated (compered to some others out there), but being a simulation (and not an arcade shooter) obviously it does expect the user to become familiar with a similar type of control issues as a real gunner in the 72 would face. Learning and mastering the controls is part of the fun in most sims I'd say smile.gif

Martin

I have the same problem.

I bought T-72 yesterday and started with driving a tank. Not too easy, but fun.

Then I did some target practice. Ok, and much practice I needed...but now I can hit stationary (...) targets with my T-72...what a hero I am... :rolleyes:

Ok, I felt fit enough for the first campaign mission. My first "own" tank, a T-34...can`t be too bad, I thought...

Ok, I come to the point - I didn`t hit ANYTHING!

How can I aim, fire and HIT in a tank other than a T-72??

...well, I finished the mission...I played as a driver only, gave full throttle, killed three enemy infantrymen with my tracks and reached the village...but I guess that is not the way the mission was designed for... ;)

So please help me - is there a tutorial, a walkthrough how to become a tank gunner?