Mission editor

Unibw

Hi I am a german student and i study mechanical engineering.

I need some helf with the mission editor.

I want to verify the used ballistics of simulators. And T72 Balkan on Fire is one of them. I want to creat a map without hills or trees. I also need one Tank for playing und 10 Tanks on a distance from 1000 to 3000 meters.

I want to check the results of shooting with real ballistic data. I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Madmatt

I found the Level 4 map where i can shoot 1700m. Is there another map I can use for a longer distance? I was able to add the target tanks and to change the starting point. I have deleted all the things I dont need.

I just want to know if it´s possible to change the topography of levels, because i need to shoot up to 3000m.

And there is another problem. I had loaded 10 target tanks with an agitation of 0, and my computer get very slow. Is it possible to add the tanks as a fixed target so that the computer isn´t in the need of compute them?

Apologizing once more because of my English.

thanks Unibw

Schmeisser, how to make a tank playable is explained in the advanced tutorial. In short: you need to run the core.exe program where you can assign a user tank.

Unibw, in order to change topography, you need to create "areas" on the map. You can change the topography of each such area, including making maps completely flat. The trick is that such changes are only effective after you delete the levpack.cd file for a give mission. You then have to start a mission in the game, and wait...wait and wait... and wait... depending on the amount of changes, it can take a LONG while before the topography is re-calculated and a new levpack file with your changed topography written.

As for targets tanks... normally there is only a slow down when you're too close (especially when rendering hi-res options). You could set graphics to a lower level, though, if you're experiencing slow-downs. There is an option called IIRC simple textures which disables "bump-mapping", and that should take care of the majority of slow-downs.

Martin