No in game save??

CeeTee

This game has a lot of potential but one thing that it desperately needs is an in game save. Having no choice but to play every mission from the very beginning over and over till you get it right is both annoying and tiresome. I hope something can be done about this in the future. As it stands I can’t see myself finishing all the missions on the CD due to this condition.

P.S. I am now playing the demo version of this game

CeeTee, like Schmeisser said, the game is primarily a "simulation", and an in-game save would be like saving the game in the middle of a first person shooter game. I am not saying that it wouldn't be useful, but just that it's not a must-have feature for a "sim".

Martin

Another issue I have with this sim is the poor performance of the friendly AI. The gunner simply can't shoot for his life! I constantly have to take over from him in order to save our lives! And yes, as commander I am hitting the T key. If anyone knows how to solve this problem in game, please let me know.

Score another point for Schmeisser smile.gif In the full version, crew experience and skill increases automatically as you complete the campaign missions (and so does your enemy's experience btw). For custom and single player scenarios, it is what the mission designer set it to but can be adjusted.

Martin

Originally posted by Schmeisser:

run t-72 configuration program ( it is in game folder) , go to realism section, and set Allies experience equal to enemy experience. beside, if you wanna done something well , do it yourself lol , and take gunner station when becomes 'hot'

Thanks for the tip Schmeisser...By the way, I did in fact order the full version. However i'm not going to start it until I finish the commando mission in the demo.

If I could save in any moment of BoF I could finish it all in couple of hours... after completing the sim several times by doing this the sim would become boring.

But there is no save and thus the game is not boring at all (still having some bugs though).

I was very foolish for ordering this sim before completing the demo. I have adjusted the game settings so that my crew experience far outweighs the experience of the enemy AI. Yet despite the difference in experience the enemy is scoring hits about 80% of the time while the friendly AI is only hitting about 40% of the time :mad: . This makes the game impossible to play as the commander. Wile I am juggling the hats of commander, Loader, driver and gunner the enemy is busy scoring hits :( . This makes the sim very frustrating to play. Missions take twice as long to complete due to these shortcomings. Until the friendly AI is improved I cannot recommend purchasing this sim.

[ March 18, 2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: CeeTee ]

Originally posted by Moon:

Score another point for Schmeisser smile.gif In the full version, crew experience and skill increases automatically as you complete the campaign missions (and so does your enemy's experience btw). For custom and single player scenarios, it is what the mission designer set it to but can be adjusted.

Martin

Hi Moon

That thing you sad about crew experience and skills actually has to do something whit the history. smile.gif

In Balkan war, tank crews did not get any training, except tank crews of ex. JNA that got excellent training but did not see much action.

It worked like this; JNA (Yugoslavian people army) forgets or leaves tanks behind, and some peasants see those tanks and they simply get in them and drive away. (Ordinarily straight in to the battle)

Those who survive gather more experience, and it goes on and on until first mechanical problem when they abandon tank. :D

One more thing, Cee Tee I recommend that you and all the others buy T-72 Balkans on Fire, first its BEST tank simulation that I have seen and second it is best way to see some old Russian tanks in action. smile.gif