Any hints for "Canyon" mission?

Argus

Hi all,

I've tried again and again to solve the "Canyon" mission of the campaign. After several hours it was a success at least, but only because one of my wingmen shot all Leos.

Any hints how to solve this mission without help?

1) I tried hiding in the hills - the enemy killed my tank many times, due to their stand off capability.

2) Another time I stayed down low and dug my tank in, but when all three enemy tanks approached my position simultaneously, I was nailed again.

3) I even tried to attack the enemy at full speed head on... no need to tell you, that I got toasted again.

BTW, how do I give movement orders to other tanks of my platoon? There are two T-72 under my command, but I can't order them to move along with my tank? After a while (10-15 minutes?) they left their initial positions and follwed me, but most of the time I was already dead (see no. 2 above) :(

go to map screen (f11) press icon 'move' and put marker on desired point of map, then go bac to your battle station. Tank should start move instantly to marked position. Issue order 'scan' and 'open fire' and climb on that big hill between you and enemy. Park close of hill's edge , that way hill will cover youa gainst enemy. Wait untill other 2 t-72 reach position to start battle, then fire guided missiles to leopards 9 they should be about 1600-1800 m

Kill helicopters with whatever you want perform fast downhill :D into enemys direction. At this point leos shoud be damaged , so when you close to them make sure they are dead for good lol with direct BPS into engine chamber. Congrats , You are hero now.

No joy - I just tried like you said: F11, waypoint and go. It seems as if the two tanks wait a while (up to 10 minutes) before they start moving. Too bad that I'm not patient enough to wait beside them ... :D

Good idea about the missiles, though! They come in handy when fighting against a target, that is otherwise too far away for a precise first shot. BTW, the canyon map is IMHO one of the best areas I saw so far in the game. I really like driving over this huge mountains ...!

[ February 13, 2006, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Argus ]

Hmm, I tried again for a while and it seems that you'll have to be in the TC position (F7) to give movement orders on the map to attached units. (I normally start in the drivers position and don't switch to TC at the beginning of a mission.)

Now it worked exactly like you said ... good to know! smile.gif