Hey Moon! What About These Weird Things Not in The Manual....

I'm playing through the campaigns and am now in a T-72 in each mission...I've got a couple of problems that don't seem to be addressed in the manual:

1. At the F6 Gunner's station, I am now only getting a "not in the manual" type of zoomed-in sight. I can't use the - or + keys to zoom in or out anymore. I'm winning the River & Powerplant missions with that sight, but I'd like to figure out what's going on with the sights.

Weird Sight Picture!

2. J2 button on joystick...It makes a noise in the sim., but what does it do? I can't seem to replicate it with a key.

3. OK...what's up with the diary? I FINALLY beat the Commando mission and had to replay it and a bunch of others (over 3 times) and have now gotten 8 or 9 missions honestly won. My diary still says 4 missions complete! I guess you have to win a mission within 3 tries for it to count in the diary?

Can't answer 3. as I'm only playing the demo, but for the others;

1) The wierd zoomed in sights are for use in manual gunnery. Your picture shows the AP sight (note the B next to the left hand ticks corresponds to the Russian BPS for AP), and there is one for each ammunition type. There are posts on this board on how to use it.

2) There seem to be a number of buttons in this game which either are dependent on your realism settings to function, or seem to be left in as programming oversights. Best advice I could give would be to change your realism settings and see if it works at some stage.

Originally posted by PFMM:

1) The wierd zoomed in sights are for use in manual gunnery. Your picture shows the AP sight (note the B next to the left hand ticks corresponds to the Russian BPS for AP), and there is one for each ammunition type. There are posts on this board on how to use it.

Yeah, I can't seem to find those posts about manual gunnery with those pictures for some reason.

Thanks for the reply, I'm still trying to figure this out...

Am I beating this to death or what?....OK, I see from the above thread that my weird sight (which comes up when I press F6 in some missions but not others)is a manual one.

Pressing Page up/down seems to toggle the sight picture in night vision between HE & AP and back to day sights.

For the life of me, I've tried to get back to the regular sights with keystrokes and looking at realism configuration with no luck.

I'm on the farm mission with the "Manual" zoomed in sight. How do I get to regular sights?

Nope, I've tried all logical key combinations but can't switch between those "backup" sights and the regular ones. PageUP/DOWN only cycles through the "backup" sights, & backup night sights. It doesn't get you back to the regular sights described in the manual.

I'm still winning the missions, though. The sim is still cool... Unfortunately, this board is dead!

In some of the campaign missions, the tank you command has some previous battle damage that restricts the use of various components (like the laser ranger finder). I believe that might be what you are seeing with your limited selection of gunsites. When you play with a T-72 in one of the single missions, do you see the other sites? If so, than thats what is going on.

Madmatt