Whacky driving antics

PFMM

Commanding your ai crewmembers in this game (1.3 demo for myself) can be an infuriating experience.

In particular is the driver, who, whenever the tank comes near an obstacle will take matters into his own hands and drive around like a deranged maniac.

NOT ANY MORE!

Whenever it looks like he is about to run off with the tank, do the following ; order him to stop the tank and then continuously order him to go left, then to go right, go left, go right, left, right. and so on. The tank will travel slowly, straight ahead regardless of what is ahead!

All that is needed now is a jump button so we could bunny hop. WOOT!

:D Messing with your driver like that can be dangerous, I feel sorry for him.

Its often much easier to drive the tank yourself and stop in a hull down position and move to the gunner position to pick off targets. If you are shooting targets on the move do the driving yourself and get the commander to spot and call out targets which the gunner will automatically shoot at.

yep I drive until I see a enemy ( having dust on makes it easier to spot far away moving targets ) then jump to gunner mode. One thing I don't like is if I order them to stop and I take a hit to my front armor that doesn't do any damage my freaking driver starts taking off which is especially annoying when I have the enemy tank ranged and lined up for a nice sabot round in the turret which mostly is a 1 kill shot at 800 yards but exposing your rear instead of staying in your hull down position tends to annoy me greatly. Please fix this bug thanks.

All valid points, but when you're near an obstacle and need a minor position adjustment without taking your eyes of the enemy, this can be invaluable. Plus it stops the gunner shooting at rifleman over a mile away to the rear when you're in the driver seat and an enemy tank is cresting the ridge in front...

I've also refined the technique to get just the course setting I want. To use it hit, lets say, left followed by right when the tank swings to the facing you want and then quickly followed by go or halt.

Let's face it ,the pathing in this game is bizarre to say the least.