Question about Mission Editor

12Bravo

Hi Moon,

I worked thru your tutorials (very nice BTW!) and managed to create a mission based on the “Firing Range” single player training mission. Since “Firing Range” only lets the player choose the T-72 tank, I created a mission based on the T-34 and called it T34/84 Target Practice. It's a training mission that allows the player to learn T34 gunnery in a more controlled environment. I plan to do one for the T-55 as well. I sent the T34 training mission to Madmatt for consideration as a downloaded mission for the T-72 “Downloads” section of Battlefront.com.

Anyway, my question is about adding snow to a mission map. In your advanced mission tutorial you mentioned this about core.bat:

“For example, check out “i_grasseff:grasseff” and set “24: Season” to

“summer” . Or check out “i_raineff:raineff” and change “ 25: Pattern typ” to “snow” !

I looked for the “i_raineff:raineff” object and managed to have the snow fall at the desired size (initially, the snow flakes were huge!) and volume. Since I wanted a snow-covered landscape to go with the falling snow, I tried setting the “Season” attribute of “i_grasseff:grasseff” to “winter”, but the editor didn't like that value (generated an error). An attribute of “fall” removes the grass (and doubles the FPS!); “spring” and “summer” also work. I'm thinking that “i_grasseff:grasseff” is not the place to be looking to do this, since it appears to be related to just the grass and not the landscape as a whole.

Can you tell me what I need to do to put snow on the ground in a T-72 mission?

Thnx!

DoubleVeteran

Hi!

Sorry, I missed your post the first time around. Grasseff indeed only changes the grass (i.e. removes the summer vegetation). IIRC you need to play around with the "landeff" settings in order to achieve snow and edit the ground textures assigned for the various ground types.

Sorry, I don't remember more off the top of my head, and won't be able to look it up for the next days.

Martin

I could do snow ground textures and winter tree/building textures etc quite easily as a winter mod I just need to know where to get the textures. I asked how to extract the datapack.cd but no one has answered this yet as I wanted to also do new skins for vehicles of which snow skins wouldn't be too hard to do either.