Gunnery principles or how to fire corectly ...

adic

Hi there !

I have an issue about gunnery. Today I found myself in a mission with the t34 , i found difficult to hit the two enemy tanks that opposed me in that mission. With no help from the rangefinder and with myself in the gunner place I had a hard time setting the elevation correctly.

The only way that seem to work for me was to shoot a few rounds to figure the correct elevation.

Is there any other method to figure the correct elevation ? Please share with me your experiences and feel free to advice.

I apologiz :rolleyes: e if this post sound silly ... I'm a little puzzled.

Thanx for your support ! :rolleyes:

I usually turn on manual range setting in the T-34, I don't recall the keys but it's in the manual. Then you can find the range either by letting the computer display it for you (cheating kind of) or by using the mg as Moon suggested. You can then set the sight for the appropriate range and ammo. I think it's quite fun, and it gives good results.

sight T-34 has simple... more range estimator than range finder. It looks like triangle , at the right side of sight. Put target's silhouette inside that triangle and find point where top of tower is on upper line , and tracks on base line. Then read distance from scale over upper line.

Triangle is scaled for targets about 2.7 m large

shot2005121618500500003bo.th.jpg

shot2005121618513000013gi.th.jpg

as You see i read about 1200 m on triangle , range finder showed 60 m smaller distance

Next You have to manually set distance on correct kind of sigth ( depends of ammo type)...and fire

Personally i use method of Bobby Woll, a 8,8 cm virtuoso (Wittman's gunner) - i set my BPS sight to 800 m and dont change it smile.gif

[ December 16, 2005, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Schmeisser ]

@schmeisser

bobby woll´s methode is usefull up to 1000m(EDIT:1200), but the "nabelvisier"(erklärt anhand einer frau) was/is visier 700. meybe woll came up with something himself, but the manual says its allready a bit to high for 500m.

manual says also...

"die 8,8er schiesst auf 1000m(edit: 2000m) fleck"

iam often wondering why my tigers(and tanks with similar gunds) hit that bad on medium to close range in CM smile.gif

EDIT: corrected informataion after i looked it up again.

[ December 16, 2005, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

• 3 weeks later...