Stupid Question....

You have to enable joystick support first in the configuration. It's off by default.

Run cfg.bat or the "T-72 Configuration" from the Windows program menu, and look under the "Realism" tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and set "Joystick off" to "no".

Martin

Originally posted by Armored Fist 1994:

Thanks Moon. I haven't been able to spend much time with T-72 yet. The stick is "reversed" though for elevation. Is there a way to change it?

I think you can change it in the cfg.bat also. ;)

This setting is under the Realism option. Look at the bottom. It's called "Invert joystick axis".

Actually Moon, in this version of the demo the joystick option is enabled by default so it sounds like perhaps he has the older demo. To check, when you launch the demo and the main screen comes up it should say "v1.3 Demo" in the upper left hand corner. If it doesn't, you downloaded an older version.

As mentioned above, the reverse joytick option (also enabled by default in this demo) is listed as the second last option in the Realism area of the configuration program. There is a link to the config program located under you Start Menu\Program Files\Battlefront\T-72 Balkans on Fire! Demo\ Configure T-72 Demo.

Madmatt

Madmatt

Fellas, thanks for the information. Yes, I had the older demo, the default is joystick off. In the v1.3 demo it is enabled and "reversed" by default. Madmatt, you are correct.

Thanks. Everything in my v1.3 demo works OK on my P4 1.8, ATI Radeon 9250, 1GB RAM machine. I just ordered the game, so now I'm officially a customer! I'm looking forward to reading the manual & getting into the sim.

Originally posted by Armored Fist 1994:

Fellas, thanks for the information. Yes, I had the older demo, the default is joystick off. In the v1.3 demo it is enabled and "reversed" by default. Madmatt, you are correct.

Thanks. Everything in my v1.3 demo works OK on my P4 1.8, ATI Radeon 9250, 1GB RAM machine. I just ordered the game, so now I'm officially a customer! I'm looking forward to reading the manual & getting into the sim.

Great, another T-72 Player. :D

Now, the devs must release a patch for the LAN play and the addon to play over the internet and BINGO! It will be fun as hell to play with two or four human players. smile.gif

Originally posted by Jack7(Tankgunner)Denmark:

Hello

IS it me, or is there a mulitiplayer option other than LAN play !! I think that is very importent !sorry for my bad englisch !

No, with the current game you can only play via LAN. No internet options. But you can use a software to play over the internet with other people...anyway at the moment it's not playable for the player who is joining a game.

Originally posted by Jack7(Tankgunner)Denmark:

okay i am looking forward to that !I have only the demo yet, but i am sure to buy it, if there is a multiplayer option for internet. I the real life i drove the Leopard 1A5 for nerly 12 years so it hurts a bit to shoot on it.

Ohh. :eek:

Yeah, that's right, that would hurt me too, to shoot on something that I have used for almost 12 years... But remember, it's only a PC simulation. ;)

I'm waiting for a LAN patch for the current game and the addon that will make it possible to play on the internet with other players too. That would be cool, if you can drive the Leopard and fight against another player who drives a T-72. :D

[ December 11, 2005, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Tanker0815 ]