Force Feedback Joystick Support?

Originally posted by Armored Fist 1994:

[QB] I guess the silence means there's no force feedback support.

In fact, there are, but, and it is the reason why I am browsing Battlefront's forum, you need to define your own profile.

I use a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad on usb port(1st generation, 4 years old).

I enjoyed so much playing Panzer Elite with it that I bought T-72 (even if I find the idea "uncomfortable": I was in Serbia/Bosnia then Kosovo during the "problems"...) thinking that it would be as easy a with P.E.

The problem is: I forgot that I used a profile (little file, pre-set for using the game controls with the joystick). The logitech has a profiler, and it is possible to assign a command to the buttons, throttle, etc, by checking what are the keyboard controls used into the game, then assigning this keystroke into the Wingman profiler (this profiler remains memory resident during the game).

As I am a bit lazy, I was expecting someone to have already created this profile and post it somewhere, but no success.

However, it seems that the vibrations associated with the Logitech Wingman (a force feedback half-moon joystick) are absent. I do not know yet if it is because of my old model or my poor "profiling".

I bought this Logitech in France but it should be available worldwide (http://www.logitech.com). I have no idea if it is available where you are, but strongly advise their range to you: they are excellent, not expensives, and widely used by gamers (in France).

Perhaps are we old Dinosaurs, but don't give up! try with a joystick. After all, if you go now into the latest tank "Leclerc" (French), it is all joystick(s) and you move it with 2 fingers, like in an Airbus!!!