Just got the full game - Outstanding Sim!

Tankbuster

Originally posted by klugman:

This game is an alright tank sim. Not as realistic or user friendly as SB, but it has potential.

I cant wait for the patch to arrive.

I just played the demo and it seems that it is more realistic than SB. Here you have a real battlefield with trenshs and AT works. The smoke after firing looks closer to what we see in TV news than SB. The way the tank moves, brake and shift and how you feel it is better than SB in addition to that you have the better graphics. Ok SB FCS is more friendly is right, but this is part of the reality of the game. It tried to show a real Soviet FCS and how it works like SB tried to show how a real Western FCS works.

If you want more friendly FCS ask the guys to make T-80 or T-90 tanks ;)

Originally posted by Fire on move gunner:

It tried to show a real Soviet FCS and how it works

Actually, it does not. It has some elements of the real T-72B FCS, but has some simplifications made for it for some reason or another. SB1 FCS is realistic enough to use it as a gunnery training tool, T-72 BoF FCS is not. And yes I know BoF wasn't designed for that purpose, but neither was SB1.

I could argue more about the realism level between these 2 games, but it would just develop into another pissing contest and Moon would have to lock this nice thread. ;)

I remember playing Microproses M1 Tank Platoon about 10-12 years ago, and thinking to myself "this is awesome". I remember the user friendly command interface. I wish T-72 would just clean up the map area and make it more user friendly with controlling units, and giving waypoints. It also needs better in tank views, and tc view. I never said a thing about faulty ballistics, or the fcs. I do know that when driving an M-9 ACE (armored combat earthmover) it feels as though you are floating. I would imagine it feels the same in all modern armor. As for older armor I couldnt say.

Originally posted by Freya:

Yes, that's true, but obviously not everybody has bought this game. Seems like tank sims aren't as popular as flight sims after all. I also suspect that at least some people are put off by the campaign theme. [/QB]

Maybe it would sell better if the tanks were fitted with lasers instead of guns??then again maybe not.

The game would sell better if more people heard of it,it was only fluke i came across it on ebay.

Still some games can be slow burners(like chris de burg),It might sell a lot over the long haul,as long as the name is kept around in sim circles it will sell.

Originally posted by Diesel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fire on move gunner:

It tried to show a real Soviet FCS and how it works

Actually, it does not. It has some elements of the real T-72B FCS, but has some simplifications made for it for some reason or another. SB1 FCS is realistic enough to use it as a gunnery training tool, T-72 BoF FCS is not. And yes I know BoF wasn't designed for that purpose, but neither was SB1.

I could argue more about the realism level between these 2 games, but it would just develop into another pissing contest and Moon would have to lock this nice thread. ;) </font>

• 4 weeks later...