Why only for XP

Gun_Fighter 2

Hello,

I've bought it, not payed attention that its only running under XP. Since every sim (I'm a collector and own over 350 simulators since 1988) that reaches the marked runs under Win 98 SE too, I payed no attention to the system requirements. My fault, I know! But why only for XP? Most sims run better under 98, cause XP is a real performance killer. It's an eyecandied kittenish operating system that's more unstable than 98 SE.

I knew that most people now use it, but it must be possible to run T72 under both systems, or not?

All other new simulators can do so.

I used to think XP was garbage as well. It is garbage straight out of the box, but with a little TLC, and lots of tweaking it beats the heck out of 98.

I think it is time for you to create a dual boot system. I have 3 hard drives. One for win98se. One for xp, and one that is for music.

Xp is a very stable platform. I have NEVER had a crash because of XP. Dont knock it till you try it.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I am the king of dual-booting & triple booting! I am running a fully DOS functional P4 system. Soundcard works, old gameport joystick works, P4 speed! The ES 1371 PCI soundcard with DOS drivers is the key piece of hardware.

I've also got XP set up along with DOS (for AF1 & AF2)

I've got DOS, Win98SE, and WinXP set up on my older slower machines with less than 512 MB RAM. Win98SE has problems with RAM over 512.

(FWIW, DOS only recognizes 64MB.)

I've done 3d benchmark tests on the same machine (one of the ones with under 512MB RAM) under XP and 98SE and compared them. To my surprise, the tests under XP displayed faster performance.

I just thought I'd throw those facts into the discussion!

[ December 12, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Armored Fist 1994 ]