User missions

Moon

• 3 months later...

Gentlemen,

I'm STUCK in T-72 and cannot progress farther without some basic training!

I've read the manual and looked at the mission building pdfs on the CD and can't put a mission together anytime soon.

I've got a request...If anybody's already modified the tank range scenario/mission to make tank targets that don't shoot back, please tell me where it is! If you guys could make some gunnery training missions, I'd appreciate it!

I need scenarios based on that range training mission where I can shoot at a bunch of static tank targets that don't shoot back...maybe one for each tank (T-34, T-55, T-72). (I can't practice manual range finding effectively while under fire.)

So far, I absolutely STINK at playing T-72!...need training!

[ December 28, 2005, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Armored Fist 1994 ]

Originally posted by Armored Fist 1994:

Gentlemen,

I'm STUCK in T-72 and cannot progress farther without some basic training!

I've read the manual and looked at the mission building pdfs on the CD and can't put a mission together anytime soon.

I've got a request...If anybody's already modified the tank range scenario/mission to make tank targets that don't shoot back, please tell me where it is! If you guys could make some gunnery training missions, I'd appreciate it!

I need scenarios based on that range training mission where I can shoot at a bunch of static tank targets that don't shoot back...maybe one for each tank (T-34, T-55, T-72). (I can't practice manual range finding effectively while under fire.)

So far, I absolutely STINK at playing T-72!...need training!

Hi,

Check out Mission Pack #2 (http://www.battlefront.com/products/t72/downloads.html).

It contains a target practice missions for the T-34 and T-55 (and also missions based on the T-55). I think the Leopard tank will shoot back once you hit it first, but all the other targets are benign smile.gif

DV

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

woofie, there is some documentation in your T72BOF directory (dir. 'docs'? Cannot remember). Although it is useful to a certain extent, you will also have to learn by trial and error. I for my part took and analyzed standard missions I knew well (from playing) to see how things work. Try modifying these, start with small things (add units to groups, add triggers etc.), modify even more, etc. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

woofie, 'slowly' is pretty much the reason I chose to stop editing BOF missions. Edit a bit, test it, quit BOF, load mission editor, edit a bit, etc. -- not telling you anything new I guess. Nevertheless, the game still has potential and -- as someone already pointed out correctly -- some great replayability. If you find the time to create some serious mission, I am sure I'll be taking a look at them, woofie. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Just would like to say there are still a few around that like this tank sim, and thanks for what you have done. I am clueless in some of this stuff, but enjoy the fruits from you guys. Too bad more aren't more interested in this.