User missions

Moon

Hi guys, I have uploaded a couple of quick user missions. These missions are an example of how to edit the existing mission quickly and with very little effort. It took me around half an hour to make these missions.

The map has not been changed. The missions use each one of the existing campaign maps. The only thing that was changed were the units, and a few goal and AI scripts.

Here are the links to download the mission files:

Ambush

Power Plant

War! (added from a post further below)

Daskal's mission (this mission is not from me but from forum member DASKAL who asked to host this for him; I include it here to have a complete list of user scenarios for the time being)

In order to play these missions, follow these steps:

- each rar file contains two files, a .ca file and a .pd file. Put the .ca file into the game directory under /CACHE. Put the .pd file into the game directory under DATA/scripts/.

Start the game, select User Mission from the lobby... and enjoy.

Martin

[ July 29, 2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]

BRAVO Moon, Bravo...

Just played both, both nice missions, not to hard but with luck and some fast movement to hull down positions, I got a victory on both.

That power plant is my new favorite single player mission, It was all close quarters battles for me, (under 500 m)...SWEET!

A couple more "samples" would be nice ;)

Glad you like it. It's so easy to make those missions that I am really hoping that as soon as a few more people get to check out the editor, you'll see a lot more of them. Will give me time to finish the desert war campaign I'm working on.

Here's another quickie I just made with a little more action. Didn't have time to playtest much, so don't shout at me if there is some error in there.

War!

It's based on one of the LAN missions with only a few small edits, so the main thing I did was to script an AI for the various units to make it playable for single player.

Martin

[ July 22, 2005, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

I request that some one please Save as, open and edit the existing levels stored in the Cache folder to add multiple player tanks and more AI enemy without changing the overall mission goals. In this way it is my hope to play the entire campaign co-op with friends.

Is this possible? It seems it may be. I have been able to open the first "deliver the tank to the serb base" nmission and play co-op in the same tank with two friends. Please some one confirm that this can be done to alter the entire campaign for multiplay.

Polecat out

Moon, or anybody,

what am I doing wrong. I checked and double checked. I put the files in the right spot...started the game, went to user missions and nothing is there that is until I clicked "all files" and then everything popped up. So I clicked on user1. When I did that the game turned off. Whats up with that?

I must have more T-72 goodness.

Second try ...OUCH sight cracked bad ...track blown off ..Bail out ...tried to get low and cover ...man I suck at tank driving ...that tank destroyer is bad ass ..gotta love it tho ...MOON ...make more, having fun here ...Rats ..just remembered, gotta go back to work tomorrow. Real life sucks.

Regards,

Gunz

Hey Moon, since you know how to script/mission edit for this game I wanted to ask you a question. How do you create a multiple-objective mission and make the mission only completed and won after all the objectives are satisfied? I have all the objective triggers set to 'ts_passive' at the start but if I set them to 'ts_win' for after they are triggered then the mission is over even if only one objective is accomplished, and setting them to 'ts_active' doesn't allow the mission to give the mission accomplished message. Thanks for any help.

Anyway, I'll be downloading your missions now ;)

SMKJ, I suggest that you open and look at the scripts of some of the campaign missions that come with multiple objectives. In short though, it *seems* (I never tried it myself!) that you should only set the individual goal triggers to "active", and add another "logical" script which combines the various goal scripts. Once all are "active", you assign this logical script the "win" function.

Martin

Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

Ok, thanks Judo ...don't exactly sound like the most honest thing to do ...you know, the little guy sitting on my shoulder ..I thought maybe ...well never mind. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Gunz

You could also download 7-zip, which is literally free and handles zip, "7zip", rar and other formats.

• 2 months later...

In an effort to help spread user created game mods and scenarios to other T-72 players, Battlefront.com is now offering to host such files for you.

Just email any T-72 mission or mod file you would like to submit to me directly at matt@battlefront.com and I will add them to a new User Created Files section I will be adding to the current T-72 website.

In your email, please use the subject name "T=72 User Mod/Mission Submission" so that I see them right away.

Also, please include a summary of the mission, its objectives, time and weather, forces used, player tank type etc..

For mods, please detail what was moded.

Thanks!

Madmatt